Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have any links/access to old WebOS Doctor versions (ie; 1.1,1.2.1,etc)
    do a search and on the wiki page it says they no longer have them or only have the current os version
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    All those old links are dead. Palm pulled them.
  4.    #5  
    I tried a torrent but stopped at 64.9% incl. all WebOS Doc versions
    Quote Originally Posted by deadtechx View Post
    I tried a torrent but stopped at 64.9% incl. all WebOS Doc versions
    I tried one that worked! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    All those old links are dead. Palm pulled them.
    oops, my bad
  7.    #8  
    anyone still have them on their pc? upload em and share with the world =D
    Quote Originally Posted by deadtechx View Post
    anyone still have them on their pc? upload em and share with the world =D
    I don't think that's legal, and therefore not allowed in these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I don't think that's legal, and therefore not allowed in these forums.
    Definitely not legal. Haha.
    Old versions of webOS doctor was pulled from the website due to we found that more problems were caused by going back to an older version that it remedied. We recognize that with updates there are bugs some that affect your usage of the phone and we strive to fix these as more updates are pushed out to the device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thanks HardBeatZ, I think the one most people want is the 1.2 that completly wipes the device. I know you can do it with the full erase and dr, but a 1 stop solution would be nice.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Thanks HardBeatZ, I think the one most people want is the 1.2 that completly wipes the device. I know you can do it with the full erase and dr, but a 1 stop solution would be nice.
    Agree 100%. And I have had no luck finding older Bell versions. Why are the old versions illegal? That makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpucci View Post
    Agree 100%. And I have had no luck finding older Bell versions. Why are the old versions illegal? That makes no sense.
    Palm chose to not make them available and what is illegal is for somebody else to do so because they are Palm's property.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Palm chose to not make them available and what is illegal is for somebody else to do so because they are Palm's property.
    Obviously its not "illegal" , but Palm does not want to support this.

I see these as "Windows Install CDs". If I have used the previous 5 versions of Windows, why can't I use my old CD to reinstall a previous version? We all have licenses to use whatever version therefore I should be able to share any of my old versions with anyone else.

I think what HardBeatZ was trying to say, and I know Palm has said this outright, they want EVERYONE on the latest version. If you re-install an older version (because of a bug or issue with a newer version), then you just might not be supported -- and if you had a problem the first thing you would most likely have to do is update to the latest and greatest.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    agreed...its not illegal. that does not make any sense.

the issue for me is that only 1.2 of the os completely wiped the unit. i knew i should have downloaded them when they were available
    It's not illegal to own older copies of webOS doctor, however it is illegal to distribute without written consent from Palm.

Just as in your previous statement it's not illegal for you to reinstall an older version of Windows if you had it, however it is illegal for you to distribute among the masses.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I was viewing a video on my pre when it suddenly froze and went into an endless loop showing the logo.

I did the battery pull and waited etc.

I then decided to use the webos doctor. i held the volume button, inserted the battery and plugged in the usb cabel. I got the big USB icon. I then pressed next on the doctor and it started working. The bar gets to about 4%. At this point the icon on the pre changes from the USB icon to the Palm logo. I hear the "bling" from my laptop that indicates usb is connecting / disconnecting and then i get the "phone disconnected" message from the doctor at 8%. I also see that my pre is back in the reset loop.

I have tried using different cables and different computers and different usb ports and rebooting.

Do you have any suggestions?

I was thinking that perhaps an older version would get the ball rolling
    i found a torrent for webos doctor 1.3.5, but that didn't do the trick. from what i understand i need a 1.2 or some thing like that. anybody have any leads?
    Quote Originally Posted by stan.forums View Post
    i found a torrent for webos doctor 1.3.5, but that didn't do the trick. from what i understand i need a 1.2 or some thing like that. anybody have any leads?
    What part of the following don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's not illegal to own older copies of webOS doctor, however it is illegal to distribute without written consent from Palm.
    It almost sounds like you have a loose connection with your USB port on your phone, previous versions of webOS Doctor won't help if that's the case.

Also, I would make sure your battery has sufficient charge.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast