Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I understand everything. I also have a bricked pre that i wish to bring back to life. Surely that's not too hard to understand either.
    Quote Originally Posted by stan.forums View Post
    I understand everything. I also have a bricked pre that i wish to bring back to life. Surely that's not too hard to understand either.
    Is your battery charged? If you do have a loose USB connection, have you tried holding the cable tightly to the Pre while webOS doctor is running?

Have you tried redownloading webOS doctor in case you somehow got a corrupted copy?
    I have tried with different cables and on different computers and with different webos loads.

I am now suspecting that i don't understand what is meant by recovery mode. I origionally thought that when i hold the up volume button and insert the usb cable and then see the usb icon, i am in recovery mode.

Is this correct? is there some other indication ( a question mark) that indicates that i am in recovery mode?

if so i need to know the exact sequence of events so that i can retry
    I have tried with different cables and on different computers and with different webos loads.
    Yes, but could the USB connector on the phone itself have a loose or intermittent connection? That's almost what it sounded like from your description, that's why I suggested holding it in while you were doctoring.

I am now suspecting that i don't understand what is meant by recovery mode.
    See this page at webOS Internals. It explains the whole process. At the very end they have a "last resort recovery."
    Topic covered. No we cannot help you find software that the developer (Palm) no longer wants distributed. That is illegal.

<<Thread Closed.>>
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/06/2010 at 09:44 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12