1.    #1  
    First I couldn't update or purchase apps. I was actually charged for one that didn't download and when I went back later it wasn't even listed. (it was youtube mini)

so after waiting all day I try to go back in and it tells me I need to sign in to my profile and will restart my phone. It restarts and has done a partial erase, I am now left with no homebrew apps and 30 completely unusable catalogue apps with an exclamation point that all fail to download.

I am so #*&!% mad. Why on earth would it lose my profile while I am using it?

This definitely merits a call to Palm.
    Yeah give Palm a good F U call. Thats really annoying. I understand your pain.
    Go to the Date and Time app in the phone. Reset to any day before yesterday (by turning off net work time) and you will be able to download all your apps. The Homebrew stuff will have to be reinstalled manually or with a preware backup service. Be patient, servers go down and code gets corrupted. We should expect things like this from time to time.

Note: Catalog*
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Go to the Date and Time app in the phone. Reset to any day before yesterday (by turning off net work time) and you will be able to download all your apps. The Homebrew stuff will have to be reinstalled manually or with a preware backup service. Be patient, servers go down and code gets corrupted. We should expect things like this from time to time.

Catalogue is the british way of spelling it and Catalog is the American way.

And please, dont make excuses for Palm. Issues like this needs to be resolved with a certain time frame in mind. Its taking a little bit too long just for them to resolve this issue.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post

Yep, I found the date thing in the other thread after posting this one. Since I was working from my phone I couldn't search or see the forums really easily.

The date thing worked, I was re-downloading all 30 of my Palm apps and had just gotten home so I could use my prewares saved package list or save/restore to get all that stuff back and when I only had 5 apps left to download....

IT DROPPED MY FREAKING PROFILE AGAIN.... I AM JUST NOW BACK TO THE LANGUAGE SELECTION SCREEN TO RELOAD MY PROFILE FOR THE SECOND #@$%^& TIME IN JUST A COUPLE OF HOURS AND START DOWNLOADING AGAIN!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have had a similar experience, an am trying to recover from it here:

h t t p: / / forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/246786-patches-installed-not-seen-preware-following-catastrophy.html

if this helps you any.

(remove the spaces in the beginning of the url, it would not let me make the link correctly)
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have had a similar experience, an am trying to recover from it here:

h t t p: / / forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/246786-patches-installed-not-seen-preware-following-catastrophy.html

if this helps you any.

(remove the spaces in the beginning of the url, it would not let me make the link correctly)
    I used Save/Restore to recover my Preware saved package list so that part was relatively painless compared to a manual reinstall of everything.

Everything is back to normal now.