1.    #1  
    So my Pre finally broke. I couldn't hear out of the earpiece during phone calls. I could only hear using the speaker phone. I took it to Bestbuy and they sent it off to Geeksquad. It took a week just to get there! The Bestbuy Mobile Manager stated the last person who brought one in with the same issue got a new pre within 2 weeks.

I am using an old LG rumor in the mean time. Damn, I hate this phone! I'm so lonely and lost without my contacts, calendar, photos, web, etc...

Hurry home buddy! or at least your replacement...

A little late for this, but could it have been a headphone jack problem?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1820251

Off topic question: Where is Ladysmith? I used to live in Arlington in NOVA.
    Yep, the Pre has a few quirks and flaws that you can adjust or repair yourself. Always do a search or just ask before you give away your phone. All the answers are in this forum or with its members.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #5  
    Thanks for the heads up. Hind sight is always 20/20. The only difference is most of the posts mentioned is that I haven't used the head phone jack in a while...Oh well. Much appreciated.

Bevcraw, Ladysmith is Exit 110 on I-95. Halfway between Richmond and Fredericksburg. A little hole in the map. Quite a bit of history in the region, but that's about it, unless you count the local foodlion.
    Quote Originally Posted by x3k8r1976 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Hind sight is always 20/20. The only difference is most of the posts mentioned is that I haven't used the head phone jack in a while...Oh well. Much appreciated.

Bevcraw, Ladysmith is Exit 110 on I-95. Halfway between Richmond and Fredericksburg. A little hole in the map. Quite a bit of history in the region, but that's about it, unless you count the local foodlion.
    I've driven through there many times. I guess I didn't notice the name.
    I wish you luck on getting your Pre back soon...I dropped my Pre off at a Best Buy last month for repair and ran into a similar situation with how long it took mine to get to the repair center (about a week). I didn't get it back for a whole month and was stuck using a loaner Rumor phone, which was torture as I went through withdrawal from my apps and WebOS awesomeness.
    Hope u get ur pre back. My lady had to switch to android today bc bestbuy said pre was discontinued.
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    My Pre from the original launch date of Jun 8 finaly broke on Sat. The screen has a nice spider web across the screen. I had to switch back to my katana. I am up in the air whether I want to go back to the Pre. I love the WebOS but hate the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by x3k8r1976 View Post

Just up the road from my home in Mechanicsville.