1.    #1  
    It appears some developers are getting hammered in their app catalog reviews because folks can't download or update their apps ("Can't download. Zero stars."). You'd think Palm could alert folks to the trouble with the app catalog, or suspend acceptance of reviews as long as this is going on. Hopefully those folks will come back and alter their ratings later.

Regards,
    Tom
    Yes it relly isn't fair to the dev that someone is too stupid or blaming them for a problem that isn't even theirs.
    This is a constant problem. I wish people would understand Download Failures and many Instalation failures are not caused by a faulty app. I hope there is a human somewhere that removes misdirected ratings.
    It is like the zero star ratings on Amazon products because of a shipping or billing error. That is not the products fault.
    ... Or remove any reviews during the problem period?
    Chuq does go through the App Catalog and remove any zero star reviews based on app installation failures. He has done so in the past.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    yea this is getting crazy. I'm amazed at how many dum people are out there. It didn't work for me. I tried another one that didn't work. So I assumed the server was broken. I didn't go around posting it doesn't download for every app
    Always been a big annoyance.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Looks like they have suspended reviewing since it would not let me review to tell people the fix. Hope this gets sorted out quickly.

Personally I'm going to write this reviw on all the apps I own

IF YOU CANT INSTALL THIS APP OR ANY OTHER DO THIS

Date&Time app - turn off network time - set month to april - close app - open app store - download to hearts content - change date and network time back
    what app did the OP get bad reviews for? If it's not crazy expensive, I will uy it and give it a positive review when the catalog is fixed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Chuq does go through the App Catalog and remove any zero star reviews based on app installation failures. He has done so in the past.
    Another similar thing that annoys me is the number of people who give obviously have never tried the app but simply disagree with the religious/political/social (viewpoint) of the app.... or just as bad, say "I downloaded it just so I can give it zero stars and then delete it".

An app review should based on how well it performs what it is designed to do and really wish they would delete some of the pointless reviews which seek to trash an app simply for its existence.

O.K., off my rant now, back to work. :-)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    The 0 start reviews aren't even reviews... Just hit the Report a Problem button in the app menu of an app listing and report a bug, then a 0 star review will be posted with no name. This makes 0 sense whatsoever-- bug reports should NOT be submitted to the reviews section as 0 stars. Ever.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    +1
    we know an improved app catalog is coming...