Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Why haven't I heard a word about the Pre+ advertising wise? Is this a typical soft opening (like a restaurant opening up before the general announcement) for AT&T? The phone isn't even listed on the AT&T website as "coming soon" when you go into wireless>shop for phones.

On a side note - I went into a local AT&T corporate store yesterday and the clown I spoke with said he wasn't sure about the Pre since HP had bought them out. I thought the employees were supposed to get some training etc. on the Pre+. This employee didn't even know they were going to offer them in 48 hours. At least he went in the back to ask the head clown what the deal was and told me they would have them for sale on Sunday.
    see what i just wrote on the sticky for at&t may 16 launch date thread. only applies to one of the san diego stores that i dropped by in today.
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    Why haven't I heard a word about the Pre+ advertising wise? Is this a typical soft opening (like a restaurant opening up before the general announcement) for AT&T? The phone isn't even listed on the AT&T website as "coming soon" when you go into wireless>shop for phones.

On a side note - I went into a local AT&T corporate store yesterday and the clown I spoke with said he wasn't sure about the Pre since HP had bought them out. I thought the employees were supposed to get some training etc. on the Pre+. This employee didn't even know they were going to offer them in 48 hours. At least he went in the back to ask the head clown what the deal was and told me they would have them for sale on Sunday.
    There has been a coming soon page since March 22: Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T.

I agree. This is a very soft launch but ATT and Palm are taking it slowly.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    i signed up for at&t e-mail notification for the palm pre plus way back then, i wonder when they will actually send out the e-mail notification telling that it is or will be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    i signed up for at&t e-mail notification for the palm pre plus way back then, i wonder when they will actually send out the e-mail notification telling that it is or will be available.
    Yea, I complained about that on the AT&T Facebook page. They replied saying good point, they'll pass that on to the right people. Hopefully we'll get an email tomorrow or Monday. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt321 View Post
    Yea, I complained about that on the AT&T Facebook page. They replied saying good point, they'll pass that on to the right people. Hopefully we'll get an email tomorrow or Monday. Maybe.
    I will say one thing about AT&T-- they are really good about replying to posts/comments on their facebook page.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    That's because whoever is in charge of the facebook page is actually competent. Can't say as much about AT&T overall. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing - and they have lots of extra hands. I'm a long time AT&T customer (POTS lines & internet in 2 locations, U-Verse TV in one, 5 line family plan mobile phones, and soon to be an AT&T Pre+ buyer) but their overall corporate incompetence makes me laugh sometimes.

Edit: I also meant to say "ditto" on the email notification. I signed up for that also and have heard nothing yet.
    The ATT folks on the ATT FB page do a good job of answering questions and following. Whomever runs ATT Wireless' website are another story. I signed up for the email notification as well but I will say that the webOS coming page does say that when the phone is available for sale you'll receive the email.

That webOS coming soon page also says that the touchstone would be available today. However, if you go to the accessory page their isn't a touchstone there. Also, where is the press release? More proof that this is a very soft and I do mean soft launch.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I agree. This is a very soft launch but ATT and Palm are taking it slowly.
    Key largo, Montego, baby why don't we go down to Kokomo... not too fast 'cause Stewie takes it slow...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan
    I love da beachaboys.