1.    #1  
    Just an FYI out there. I think the GPS patch the was featured here on Precentral 'effed' up my GPS. I am doctoring my phone now. After installing the 'patch.' it seemed to work... just once, however. I tried to uninstall the patch with Preware 1.0, but it hung on 'removing.' I then removed the patch via Quickinstall.

Yesterday I was trying to get a GPS fix, and it wouldn't, even when I tried the VZ Navigator workaround. I looked in "location services -> find me using" menu and unchecked GPS (to turn off) and it asked me if I wanted to 'turn GPS on' even though it was checked. Did this a few times and kept asking me if I wanted to turn GPS on. (Never would ask if I wanted to turn it off).

I hope restoring it will at least get my GPS radio to turn on again, but wanted to inform anyone who has installed the 'patch.' Maybe it was because I tried to uninstall it via Preware first (???). Not sure, but nonetheless, it seemed to reallly mess me up.
    don't doctor your phone until the app catalog is working again!!!!!!

don't panic, but wait!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
    Just an FYI out there. I think the GPS patch the was featured here on Precentral 'effed' up my GPS. I am doctoring my phone now. After installing the 'patch.' it seemed to work... just once, however. I tried to uninstall the patch with Preware 1.0, but it hung on 'removing.' I then removed the patch via Quickinstall.

Yesterday I was trying to get a GPS fix, and it wouldn't, even when I tried the VZ Navigator workaround. I looked in "location services -> find me using" menu and unchecked GPS (to turn off) and it asked me if I wanted to 'turn GPS on' even though it was checked. Did this a few times and kept asking me if I wanted to turn GPS on. (Never would ask if I wanted to turn it off).

I hope restoring it will at least get my GPS radio to turn on again, but wanted to inform anyone who has installed the 'patch.' Maybe it was because I tried to uninstall it via Preware first (???). Not sure, but nonetheless, it seemed to reallly mess me up.
    ...probably coulda posted this on the patch thread....
    yep, that way the developer can help...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ...probably coulda posted this on the patch thread....
    Apologies. I was going to post there when I had more info. and if doctorting my phone worked. However, I could not use WebOSdoctor as I am on Windows 7 64-bit. the good news is, I was finally able to get a gps fix (sans patch) so it seems to be working. I never had to fuss as much as I did to get it to work. I was stricken with a bit of panic with the preware removal issue. I think I'll hold off until an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
    Apologies. I was going to post there when I had more info. and if doctorting my phone worked. However, I could not use WebOSdoctor as I am on Windows 7 64-bit. the good news is, I was finally able to get a gps fix (sans patch) so it seems to be working. I never had to fuss as much as I did to get it to work. I was stricken with a bit of panic with the preware removal issue. I think I'll hold off until an update.
    I am also a Verizon Palm Pre Plus user - you might want to have a look at this thread if you haven't already seen it:

Palm Pre and GPS (Additional GPS modes: Autonomous, Assisted, and Cached)

The combination of the QPST fix *and* the author's patch worked swell for me for the past two days. The alternative is to await the Verizon "fix" mentioned by VZWSupport on tweeter. (I'm old and impatient but that might be your best approach).

-=dave=-
    Did you turn off Google Services? I did that and do the VZ Nav thing and mine works.