Had my Palm Pre Plus for only a few months. Had to run WebOS Doctor for the first time because I was having some issues with patches not wanting to delete from Preware. Anyway, after I Doctored the phone, call reliability sucks! Either the phone doesn't want to make any calls (get "Service Unavailable" or "Network Busy" messages after making the call), receive any calls (go to voicemail after a couple rings), or cannot get any data services to work. For the data issues, I would almost always get a 3G signal, now lucky to get a 1X signal if any. Tried this in different locations so I'm sure it's not a tower issue. And areas like my house where it always worked (voice & data) now have reliability issues. I did a *228 after Doctoring the phone, both options 1&2, thinking I needed to "reprogram" the phone and that didn't really help. Is there something else I'm missing?
    when did you do this? Is it possi ly related to the current outage of the app catalog?:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...every-app.html
    Did this a couple days ago. Don't think it's an issue with regards to the app catalog outage because I didn't have a problem re-downloading or installing my apps. Except I had to use the WiFi to do that because the data portion was not working properly. Just very difficult to make a phone call or use the internet. And the few times I can actually make a call two things happen: 1.) The call take a while to "connect", and 2.) When it does connect it will drop within 30 seconds - then get the "signal faded" message when I have full signal strength. And I can have full signal when trying to make a call and get a "Service Unavailable" message.

It just seems like to me that after I doctored the phone the phone "forgot" what network it was on or forgot how to connect? Best way I can think to describe the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ESMD View Post
    Did this a couple days ago. Don't think it's an issue with regards to the app catalog outage because I didn't have a problem re-downloading or installing my apps. Except I had to use the WiFi to do that because the data portion was not working properly. Just very difficult to make a phone call or use the internet. And the few times I can actually make a call two things happen: 1.) The call take a while to "connect", and 2.) When it does connect it will drop within 30 seconds - then get the "signal faded" message when I have full signal strength. And I can have full signal when trying to make a call and get a "Service Unavailable" message.

It just seems like to me that after I doctored the phone the phone "forgot" what network it was on or forgot how to connect? Best way I can think to describe the problem.
    A basic question: have you checked your phone preference settings to make sure they didn't get changed during the doctoring process? Go the phone app, pull down menu in upper left corner, then "Preferences".
    I would just doctor the phone again,but make sure you redownload the doctor file again to rule out corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    A basic question: have you checked your phone preference settings to make sure they didn't get changed during the doctoring process? Go the phone app, pull down menu in upper left corner, then "Preferences".
    This is what I have, although I neglected to check what they were before I doctored the phone: Network: Verizon Wireless; Voice Network: Automatic; Data Roaming: Enabled; Data Usage: ON. The only setting I changed was Data Roaming to Enabled based on what my wife's phone settings were (not a Palm). For the EVDO mode it's set to: Hybrid Rev A

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I would just doctor the phone again,but make sure you redownload the doctor file again to rule out corruption.
    I'll try that too. I did download the doctor file from Palm after typing in my serial number (just to make sure I got the right version) but maybe I still got the wrong version.
    I'm on Sprint, but mine did this after doctor last weekend. Lost data, couldn't answer, missed calls and texts.

I had to go into Preferences, Update Network Settings, then Update PRL. Don't know if its the same on Verizon, but worth a look to see.