Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    noob here, I emailed an mp3 attachment but I don't know how to transfer it to the music library. I'm sure it's simple, but can anyone help me?
  2. #2  
    Download it from the email, it will save in the downloads folder in media/internal.
    Open the music player and the song should be there already, it might be under unknown artist.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Download it from the email, it will save in the downloads folder in media/internal.
    Open the music player and the song should be there already, it might be under unknown artist.
    It doesn't save under the downloads folder. Seriously. I have tried emailing songs to myself before and it is never there, it's off in whoknowswhere field, I couldn't even find it with internalz (for as long as I could stand looking for it). Is there a trick to get it to save to the downloads folder?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4. #4  
    There might be a patch for it somewhere in Preware but I can't be certain. By default, mp3 downloads that are emailed are not kept in the download folder. You'll need a patch for that to happen, otherwise, you'll need to place it on your Pre/Pixi via USB through your PC.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5. #5  
    It can be done but takes the help of Internalz to do so.

    On your computer take the mp3 file (name).mp3 and RENAME it (name).png
    Now attach this file to an email and send it to your phone.

    Now on your phone open the email, select the attachment. let it download and then open it.
    It will open to a black cross with a button copy to photos at the bottom.
    CLICK copy to photos and let it copy.
    Close email
    Go to Internalz, and select the download folder.
    You will now see the file (name).png
    Click it, select info. go to the name and rename (name).mp3
    Now move this file to your music folder using copy or move.
    Now close Internalz and then open up the music app.
    Your song *WILL* now be in the library and will support album and artist infomation that was sent with it.

    I have tested this and it works. Hope this helps.
  6. #6  
    Well, all the songs and pictures you receive via email or sms will be saved in the attachment folder. So plug you Pre to the comp, go in USB mode, click the attachment folder and arrange folders in date order and click the date that corresponds.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well, all the songs and pictures you receive via email or sms will be saved in the attachment folder. So plug you Pre to the comp, go in USB mode, click the attachment folder and arrange folders in date order and click the date that corresponds.
    By the attachment folder are you referring to the download folder?

    Would you test your theory on an mp3 file please and see the theory holds up because it does not work for me.

    Also the idea is to be able to get mp3s to your phone without having to plug it into the pc, sort of defeats the point since you could just move it straight from the pc to the usb instead of having it mailed to the phone.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    By the attachment folder are you referring to the download folder?

    Would you test your theory on an mp3 file please and see the theory holds up because it does not work for me.

    Also the idea is to be able to get mp3s to your phone without having to plug it into the pc, sort of defeats the point since you could just move it straight from the pc to the usb instead of having it mailed to the phone.
    Nope, not the download folder, it's in the attachment folder. If you want to get it through your phone, then, you can use 'internalz' and navigate to media/internals/attachments and follow the rest of the steps. You just can't arrange folders in date format...PC way - First, try to play the file in the email just to make sure that it's in MP3 format, then if that goes well. Connect the Pre to the computer and click the Palm Pre drive on 'My computer' and you will see a folder called 'attachments' and click the other folder in that folder and then you'll a bunch of other folders with dates. Now arrange the folders in date format, just to make life easier for you and click the recent dates and view the contents.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks to all for responding to my problem. I thought the process would be a bit easier, but apparently it's not that intuitive. I think I'll just transfer the files over with the USB cable rather than email from now on.

Posting Permissions