Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok, so two days ago i decided to start homebrewing. my main reason was i wanted the patch that allows big pictures in the browser.. so i download wosqi, find the patch and install it. i check it out on the browser, and i can now see big pictures again this is when i decided it wouldnt hurt to check out some of the other patches, so i see one for faster splash screen, download it and love it. next thing i know i have preware installed, how cool is this i think to my self. ooh there is that overclocking uber kernal and govnah, download them and my pre went from great to absolutely amazing.. next, while back in wosqi i notice i can change my boot screen pretty easily, so now i have a new boot screen. while im at it i see i can change the ugly green dialer too.. now have a new dialer background

to make a long story short, i now have 20 patches installed, my phone is awesome and i cant stop playing with it. I THINK IM A PHONE GEEK NOW!! WOOT WOOT WOOT
    Welcome to homebrew world! You will find a patch to meet the most of your needs. Great phone!!
    welcome to the world of patches. Just remember ( THERE's A PATCH FOR THAT )
    Ha I too just started homebrewing and patching two days ago myself! LOVE IT! I started because I wanted to play some NES and GBA games on my pre+... (side note you should see the geeks with fruit fones at work wish they could do what I've done... with out "jailbricking")

So anyways like you, I started with one patch... Now I'm up to 3 or 4... i did have more but after having a radio phone issue with the "batt. % in bar" patch I backed off a few patches.

LOVE THIS PRE+!
    Awesome! Been watching you ask, learn, and leap in a couple of threads, and it's always cool to see someone's eyes light up when they realize the capabilities of WebOS! I've got around 40 patches installed and love this phone!
    Welcome to the Addiction!
    I just have to say I love your screenname! My friends and I all call one of our friends "newman" HelloNNNewman is a phrase I hear everyday!
    what are the chances of getting a bad patch, virus or patch that will drain battery. Is there a list of "approved" homebrew patches?
    Patching is like falling in love with your device all over again I just jailbroke my iTouch, and can't put the bloody thing down after it had been languishing in my laptop bag!

As for the Pre, I don't even know how people can even look at the stock theme any more, much less use it on a daily basis without some of the coolest patches/themes/apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    what are the chances of getting a bad patch, virus or patch that will drain battery. Is there a list of "approved" homebrew patches?
    It's happened with a couple of apps, both in the homebrew and official catalogs, so "approval" wouldn't necessarily solve anything. Nevertheless, such battery hogs (anyone remember the first release of Trapster?) are inevitably discovered and avoided.
    just a tip for when you run into any weird issues or problems with patches, when installing alot of patches the order you instal them can have separate results, ie if your having a issue but really want the patch, remove all patches in the same category(launcher, top bar ect) and reinstall the suspect patch. Add the ones you've taken off one at a time to see if the issue presents it self that way, you'd be surprised how often it fixed the issue!
    haha, welcome to the world of... not sure what to call it, but it's effing awesome, eh! i got webosqi after having my phone for two weeks, originally to shut people up that couldn't get off the whole "it doesn't have a virtual keyboard" thing. i've been an absolute maniac since then.

just when i get things the way i like them, and think that i can settle down, i go into preware and there's all sort of handy/fun/flippin' sweet new patches. i wish there was some way to explain how awesome all this is to the lay person without them just saying "you shouldn't have to patch your phone..."
  12.    #12  
    update... i now have 44 patches... and also internalz there is no going back now
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    update... i now have 44 patches... and also internalz there is no going back now
    lol, I know the feeling, Preware is like a smorgasbord for your Pre. And there's always something new to add or try that makes your phone better, thanks to our amazing homebrew community and Devs. It's almost like X-mas when you discover the homebrew world of webOS. Please consider making a donation to show your appreciation. Enjoy!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    It's also a good idea to keep a record of all patches that you install. You might need it down the road.

so is there a way to change the dialer background without a computer? I'm an on the road truck driver with no computer access, no wosqi available to me right now.
    themes can do it
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    We know now what pill you took, what about the rest of you, which pill would you take, the red or the blue?

Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    We know now what pill you took, what about the rest of you, which pill would you take, the red or the blue?
    +1 except I forgot which one is which. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    breathe...new patches to install will still be there tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    +1 except I forgot which one is which. Lol
    The blue represents "ignorance is bliss". The red pill is knowledge.

Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast