Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi, My name is Ron and I'm a precoholic.

Just got this phone about a month ago...Love it so far.
    BTW, where do you find patches?
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by roncgizmo View Post
    Hi, My name is Ron and I'm a precoholic.

Just got this phone about a month ago...Love it so far.
    hello Ron
    is this your first meeting -- have you found yourself waking in the middle of the night and quietly going downstairs so that you can try to get mode switcher configured like you want it -- have you spent all night determined to get a patch installed while your children are screaming at you?

my name is Rob and i too am a precoholic -- 100 packages installed and 50 + patches and yes -- i need every one of them :0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    The blue represents "ignorance is bliss". The red pill is knowledge.

Thanks, its been such a long time since I took that red pill I forgot.

BTW, where do you find patches?
    This is a good place to start: http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i have just reloaded preware 1.0.0 on my second pre plus. Can anyone tell me why it only shows 1172 available packages instead of i believe 4500 on other version? so far its stock pre plus. preware is was my first step for homebrewing, am i missing something to get all packages?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    i have just reloaded preware 1.0.0 on my second pre plus. Can anyone tell me why it only shows 1172 available packages instead of i believe 4500 on other version? so far its stock pre plus. preware is was my first step for homebrewing, am i missing something to get all packages?
    Check your feeds, the Palm catalog is probably turned off.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    thank you . got it now 4756 back to normal;
    Yah! me tooo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    what are the chances of getting a bad patch, virus or patch that will drain battery. Is there a list of "approved" homebrew patches?
    If you keep reading Precentral you will see recommendations for patches and I'm sure you will hear about any that are problematic. There would be very few in that category.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    hello Ron
    is this your first meeting -- have you found yourself waking in the middle of the night and quietly going downstairs so that you can try to get mode switcher configured like you want it -- have you spent all night determined to get a patch installed while your children are screaming at you?

my name is Rob and i too am a precoholic -- 100 packages installed and 50 + patches and yes -- i need every one of them :0
    yes.yes,yes,,, But I'm still looking for an app for that.

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    This is a good place to start: precentral.net/getting-started-preware

Thanks vza, Im off to check that out. (Can't post a link yet )

remember that if you love what these patches have done to your pre, donate to the developers! People would pay $1.25 for a soda, and $5 for a fancy PDK game, and look at what you get out of them. Now look at what you get out of these patches? If they weren't free, you would still pay for what you got. I have about 40 patches on my pre, and I know that if they weren't free, I'd gladly pay $20+ for them. Patch developers do this for nothing, and sometimes even lose money because of hosting, and testing. Not to mention the time they spend.

Not trying to guilt anybody into donating, but let's not forget where it all came from!
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    It looks great! but at the risk of sounding like an ***** I can't find a DL link for preware

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    When you run out of things to put on your phone, a good cure for the day is usually wiping the phone clean (and/or Doctoring) and doing it all again.
    Patches and homebrews sound great - what's the best way to get started? I have fully exhausted all my built-in options and added most of the apps I want, now I'm ready to really play!
    It looks great! but at the risk of sounding like an ***** I can't find a DL link for preware
    To get Preware on your phone you have to start with WebOS Quick Install.
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    and
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-12-a.html

There is a great walkthrough in the first link. It sounds harder than it actually is and is very much worth it.

-
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    the blue pill is an iphone.

'ignorance is bliss'
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodobird View Post
    Patches and homebrews sound great - what's the best way to get started? I have fully exhausted all my built-in options and added most of the apps I want, now I'm ready to really play!
    Getting started with Homebrew apps is actually very easy. They guys have taken a lot of time to put together a step-by-step guide for taking the plunge into patches and Homebrew applications.

You want to start by clicking the following link and following the easy steps. Read the first post of this thread and follow the instructions (and links) posted.

***!!READ THIS FIRST!!*** Welcome to the Homebrew Apps Section!

It's easy, it's quick, and it's WORTH it to get the most out of your device!

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by KCTraveler View Post
    [url]
    and
    [url]

There is a great walkthrough in the first link. It sounds harder than it actually is and is very much worth it.

-
    they need to update walkthrough as I was told that new version of preware does not need the MANAGER part.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCTraveler View Post

-

Thanks KC! got er done. now I get to play too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast