1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems with the pre plus discharging while using mobile hotspot when on the charger? I am sitting here with my pre plus charging on my touchstone and while using mobile hotspot I can watch the battery percentage keep dropping.... and the phone is getting pretty warm.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Using it now and for the last hour on the road and its working perfect.
    Well, using both radios at the same time for transmitting and receiving data can in fact a battery drainer. My recommendation, don't use the Touchstone when using mobile hotspot, go directly with the cable charging, it's faster and it at least maintain your battery level.

USB charges faster than touchstone and could decrease the heat. It is understandable why the battery goes down with mobile hotspot since it uses BOTH radios for data transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    USB charges faster than touchstone and could decrease the heat. It is understandable why the battery goes down with mobile hotspot since it uses BOTH radios for data transfer.
    Direct connection to the wall charger charges even faster

I think usb was rated at max 500mA while the wall charger and the Pre Sprint car charger both are rated at 1000mA.
    The usb charges faster than the touchstone...really? Definitely has not been my experience...
  7.    #7  
    Battery still drains while using home charger. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkstsa View Post
    Battery still drains while using home charger. Oh well.
    Oh, ... that can't be good.

Are you by anychance overclocking?

If you're doing hotspot at a faster speed, with your screen on, it may not be able to charge, altough this is pretty rare...
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    My Pre won't charge while I'm using MHS, could this be why it's free?
    It's normal, all phones I've used do the same thing while using lots of data, especially streaming, even with the wall charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The usb charges faster than the touchstone...really? Definitely has not been my experience...
    Only when using the AC adapter. If you plug into a computer USB port you will only push 500mah to the phone, but the AC adapter pushes 1000mah. The Touchstone sits somewhere in the middle.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Hm, I've noticed that, with MHS on the Touchstone (w Sprint Pre), the charging just can't keep up. In fact, I'm seeing in somewhere in the neighborhood of 39% to a high of about 52% battery drain as monitored this morning with Battery Monitor.

The high was while OC'ing via Govnah/UK set to screenstate 500/1000. Then I changed it to Ueberkernel default, and I think that's when it went down to 39%-ish.

When just charging via the TS, I've seen Battery Monitor report as high as high 40s, %-age wise...

...which means that, on it's own, does MHS drain somewhere like 70-80% per hour?!

Can that possibly be right?! How can I reduce the MHS drain?