Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by respibob View Post
    when I go into the Govenor tab all I have is userspace or ondemand.
    click on userspace and u should see the screenstate options
    Did you guys read the uberkernal and govnah thread all the way through? Jw.

OTA update safe means it's safe to leave on when your carrier releases the next WebOS update. Doubt I'll be taking my chances, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post

OTA update safe means it's safe to leave on when your carrier releases the next WebOS update. Doubt I'll be taking my chances, tbh.

I was trying to, but that thread is like 20+ pages long. lol
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by respibob View Post
    Under Govenor I have two options, userspace or ondemand. Under both the max is 600.
    After installing the UberKernel and Govnah, you have to reboot your phone in order to have all the options. Simply do a restart and then you can try out 800Mhz.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    rebooted and working great! Should have tried that right from the start. Thanks everyone!
    Good luck with it...these are the best patches available for the Pre!
    Could I ask a simple question? What is your opinion of best to run - screenstate, user state, etc?
    Yes, I have read the definitions but still do not understand the differences. Yes, I know it will depend on my personal use as to best performances.

But, in your opinion, for a normal PreCentral user who has apps and tweaks to make the phone operate as should, want to run at 800 whenever possible for performance, don't want to burn the battery or cpu out unneccessarily, what are best choice and settings?

I have used SuperPreKernel, just switched to Uber with additional Govnah settings.

Thank you so much and I will push the big button for good answers, in English!! for advise.
    I installed and have the screenstate at 800 and screen off at 150, and I've been getting the temperature warning on the touchstone. Can I simply uninstall and then reinstall the 500? Or can I just scale govnah down to 500 and be fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    I installed and have the screenstate at 800 and screen off at 150, and I've been getting the temperature warning on the touchstone. Can I simply uninstall and then reinstall the 500? Or can I just scale govnah down to 500 and be fine?
    This has been my biggest concern with insatlling this patch. I had used the first 800 patch and my temperature would really increase when I used the touchstone. Since I use a touchstone at work and at home, I took the patch off cause this always made me worried. I often have the phone on a touchstone for 6-8 hours at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    When I select Governor I get
    125000 Scaling Min Freq
    800000 Scaling Max Freq
    500000 Scaling Setspeed.

I would like to have it where I get 800MHz when I am using my phone and 500Mhz when the phone is idle. I am a complete n00b with this and need help. I was running SuperPreKernel before this and have uninstalled it.
    All i know is ball, and good, and .......
    I don't get the, uninstall then install thing? If you uninstall the uberkernel you will be back at the 500 stock kernel anyway so you won't need to install anything extra to be at 500
    That's what I was wondering...if I unintstall it automatically reverts. Sounds like it does.
    I would recommend setting to Screenstate with Max at 800Mhz and Min at 500Mhz. I've been using this setting with the touchstone and no temp problems. Your phone will alway get a little warmer with the touchstone, but at this setting Govnah should stay at 38C or below. Give it a try.

That's what I was wondering...if I unintstall it automatically reverts. Sounds like it does.
    You can remove the uberKernel or install the 1.4.1.1 kernel in Preware. Either way you will be back to the stock kernel.

Im so sorry, but I have installed the uber kernel and the Govnah, rebooted multiple times, but still do not have Screenstate option, nor can I change speed to greater than 600, does anyone have any clue why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeveshex View Post
    Im so sorry, but I have installed the uber kernel and the Govnah, rebooted multiple times, but still do not have Screenstate option, nor can I change speed to greater than 600, does anyone have any clue why?
    Do you have the UberKernal icon in your launcher? Did you do a full restart or just a Luna restart? You must do the former.

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post

Just so you know how it works. If there is any change during an OTA update your kernel will return to stock until an update is prepared for the UberKernel.

I have done a full restart, I have even taken the battery out and still no luck, is there anything more than just installing the Uber Kernel and the Govnah from Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeveshex View Post
    I have done a full restart, I have even taken the battery out and still no luck, is there anything more than just installing the Uber Kernel and the Govnah from Preware?
    What version of webOS are you running? If it's 1.4.2, that kernel was just completed. Otherwise if you're running 1.4.1.1, you must install the UberKernel for that version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12