1.    #1  
    i doctor my phone cause i was getting some issues.. however after restart i was getting "install failed" error, so i have doctor again just to make sure.. but it wasnt my fault this time...

anyone else doctor their phone cause they couldnt install an app?
    *raises hand*

I thought it may have had something to do with Uberkernal...that's why.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    *raises hand*

I thought it may have had something to do with Uberkernal...that's why.
    i'm sure everyone will have their own unique excuse
    No way will i doctor,or i'll lose my 3 EA games
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Not yet...
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    i have The Sims and after i doctor i was able to redownload it.. however i lost any saved games..
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    If I get errors in the App Catalog I know to check here first.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    i have The Sims and after i doctor i was able to redownload it.. however i lost any saved games..
    Check out the save/restore app in preware. I got a new phone and was able to save just about everything that I had
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    He's probably a European user. We got three EA games - The Sims, NFSU and Monopoly - for free for a short while, but these free games go away after a doctor. Happened to me. Didn't care all that much but I see how someone would.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I did not, but my phone was reset. I did run save/restore just a day prior, so I am betting I can restore nearly 100%.

I need to find webOSQI instructions for Windows 7, had been using XP before, but now need to use Windows 7. That's my next exercise.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I did but I was getting ready to anyway the app catalog was just the straw that broke the back.
    I have not noticed a single issue with the app catalog and I try a new app almost every day and write reviews on apps sometimes too.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I have not noticed a single issue with the app catalog and I try a new app almost every day and write reviews on apps sometimes too.
    Really? Well crawl out the hole that your writing reviews in and spend 5 seconds and look @ the headlines of any Palm News site, or some major Tech Blogs and you will see... You might be the only person who didn't 'have a problem with the app cat.'. However.... That's a story within itself. Write that one up with your reviews....

(sry.. It must be Monday!) ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Generally you won't lose them, although I don't know about some of those offered free for a limited time. They are automatically restored from your profile. But doctor is stll a last-resort thing, after every other route has been exhausted.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/17/2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: corrected error
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    wow, you proaly didn't try to buy or update any apps on friday or saturday, because the app catalog was down, way down. Unfortunately enadget even picked it up, while skipping over the story that users launched a grassroots effort and raised over $6,000 for homebrewer dev costs via the webos-internals team.

check the precentral main page and scroll down the the fri and sat articles for details.
    I just shrugged it off. It was late and night and i was just trying out some free apps so it was no big deal. It was fixed when I tried again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wow, you proaly didn't try to buy or update any apps on friday or saturday, because the app catalog was down, way down. Unfortunately enadget even picked it up, while skipping over the story that users launched a grassroots effort and raised over $6,000 for homebrewer dev costs via the webos-internals team.

check the precentral main page and scroll down the the fri and sat articles for details.
    I did notice an app fail on Monday, but that was 2am. then i tried again and it worked.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]