1.    #1  
    The Pre Plus device specs on Palm's website show:

AT&T
    Dual-band UMTS/HSDPA (850/1900 MHz)
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Seriously??? If Palm missed the boat on including HSPA+ capability for AT&T that will have to hurt sales. Especially since the AT&T HSPA+ announcement came nearly on the eve of the AT&T Pre Plus being released for sale. This will give potential buyers a reason to hesitate to buy a Palm phone knowing that it won't support the faster speeds available on AT&T in the next 6 months.
    Palm Pilot Professional --> TRGPro --> Treo 650 --> Centro (AT&T) + 4 Pixis on Sprint Family Plan
    No. Pre Plus is HSDPA 3.6Mbps. It uses MSM6260 so it's a hardware limit.

Honestly is not a big deal. We have an HSPA+ network up here in Canada that does 21Mbps. Find me a phone that supports it AND can actually be used up to those speeds. All of them are just data cards.

My EV-DO 3.1Mbps device beat out my friend's iPhone 3GS that does 7.2Mbps.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yeah I get better speed over EVDO Rev A than my friend does with his 3GS too, though I live in an area that has especially horrible AT&T service. (SF Bay area)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Well, I'm was a phone ***** until the iPhone, but the lack of 7.2 did make me pause, I'm still gonna get the phone, but if at the end of the year if my wife's 3gs downloads twice as fast as my pre, I'm gonna be ****ed.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    ^

I'm sure by the time they actually get everything working you would be using the Pre 3 already.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Well, lets just hope it doesn't take them that long.
    Pre 3 sounds nice though.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.