Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my Pre a couple days ago and have been exploring some of the homebrew programs. I installed navit a couple hours ago and was fooling around with it. I then decided I'd be better off sticking to my TomTom, so I used Preware to uninstall it.

Since then, I can't install any applications. When I try I am told that "Install Failed." I used WebOS doctor to restore the phone. On the wiped phone I enter my palm account to restore my apps and the phone tries to reinstall them, but every single one gets "app failed."

What do I do? Do I use WebOS doctor again but create a new palm account?
    I cannot install any apps right now either, must be something up with the store.
    yeah i just got that too... and it reset my phone

all my phone history and text convos are gone

and i can't install or use any apps in the meanwhile
    So it's not just me then! I searched for hours on here and finally had to do WebOSDr...and now I find out I didn't have to.

DAMMIT.
    I cannot install any apps right now either-- I keep getting a the "Install Failed" message. But all of the other features appear to be working. My text history and call history is still in tact.
    the apps seem to download fine but fails when it's installing is this only happening in Canada?
    I live in SoCal and having the same shtuff happen too. I restarted my phone several times, I hope they fix it soon
    I'm having the same problem.
    The log notes the following error:
    user.notice ApplicationInstallerUtility: Step 2.1: executing certificate verification command
    user.err ApplicationInstallerUtility: Step 2.1: error: failed in runOpenSSL()
    Probably some kind of server error @ Palm
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Uh ohz!

This needs to be fixed by yesterday!
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    I mean, there are no App releases on weekends but I hope this is resolved before Monday.

Same error here. Peace.
    i live in canada and i am with bell.
    i downloaded a app and it wouldnt install, so i restarted and it wiped out everything.
    had to setup phone again and do contacts all over again,ths is a nasty bug i hope it gets fixed fast.
    i would recommend not reseting phone till its fixed.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedioptimus View Post
    i live in canada and i am with bell.
    i downloaded a app and it wouldnt install, so i restarted and it wiped out everything.
    had to setup phone again and do contacts all over again,ths is a nasty bug i hope it gets fixed fast.
    i would recommend not reseting phone till its fixed.
    Luna restarts are fine though... It doesn't fix anything, but it doesn't do that /\
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    i dont know what luna restarts are, i just held the button down and restarted the phone, then it took forever to restart and made me resign in to my profile and everything was erased.
    I'm sure they'll get this fixed fast. I mean, they're about to release an ATT version in what, like 24 hours? It would look PRETTY BAD if their problem was still going on while they released a new phone.
    Same here. Just today my new App Titan Stopwatch was released. And nobody is able to install it. This needs to be fixed fast!!! Some people think that this is a fault by the devs. Please someone with permission needs to post this at the precentral blog so that the app reviews wont get to bad!! I'm not able to install any Application! (Germany, o2)
    Ditto with the Install Failed problem. I can get as far as the Download button, the progress bar cycles as it normally would, but then an 'Install Failed' message pops up immediately.

I'm on Bell in Canada.

This doesn't look like an isolated issue so it might have something to do with the Palm servers. I did download an app from the Preware catalogue that only exists in the 'testing feeds' and it worked just fine.

I suspect that this problem will be addressed fairly rapidly.
    Thank God I read this !!! UK store..

Just got this error today morning & was about to work backwards with patches/doctoring/reset/full erase !!

Just to let you know..install via WOSQI works fine
    yea I'm having the same issue here in so cal with all apps...somebody call palm asap btw 227 am here
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    DAMMIT!!!!!

I started getting this also, and on a reboot, the damn phone reset!!!! Preware and all related, GONE, text message history, GONE!

This is ridiculous!

Piece of work, palm, a real piece of work.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I just contacted Chuq Von Rospach (Palm Developer Community Manager). This are his statements so far. Havent got a reply yet.

As many of you have noticed, we're having some issues with the app catalog on the phones today with various glitches cropping up. Search seem completely offline, and the catalog itself has been intermittently throwing errors.

Engineering has been investigating since about 8PM last night, and as of the last update to me, still hasn't found the root cause. They''re continuing to work on it and I'll let you know as I find out updated status from them.

chuq
    Engineering says they've identified the root cause of the app catalog problems we've been seeing. they're working on a fix now. I'll let people know when it's been fully resolved.
    I'm now told all problems are resolved and things should be back to normal. If you see an issue with the app catalog that indicates this isn't correct, send me email.

chuq
    Which I did. Hope this will be fixed soon!!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast