Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I just found this thread a bit too late after doctoring my pre twice last night because I thought it was just my phone that the apps didn't install. Changing the date works for me now so that's great.

After doctoring my device, some numbers were lost in the restore. When I put in a number for a contact, sometimes it doesn't allow me to select any fields. Also, whenever I try to create a new contact, it won't allow me to saying "Error - There was an error saving this contact. Please try again." and "Error - This contact could not be saved"

Is anyone else having this problem?

(1.4.1, Bell, Pre)
    ----
    Edit: I restarted my phone and contacts work now
    Last edited by mg_33; 05/15/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohot View Post
    Open the "Data & Time" app in the Launcher. Turn of Network time if it is set to "On" then change the date to like May 13th. Exit app and all should be fine.
    That works great except that now I'm late to court!
    For me I turn off the WIFI connecton and just install over the carriers signal, the works \ for the updates too, good luck
    Matt Ratcliffe, Computer Consultant

"If you can think it, a computer can do it, faster"
    I rolled back the date, and the apps are redownloading, however the contacts are still missing, and I dont have any phone number memorized. I guess I will just have to wait for Palm to figure out a fix to get that info back from the server.
    Thanks for the hint with the date. It works perfect. Just switch back the date, install everything and the reset the date as required. Many thanks to jensbob
    Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    Can you change the date back to the current date after we re download our apps? Or should I keep the date rolled back for now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ok4a56 View Post
    Can you change the date back to the current date after we re download our apps? Or should I keep the date rolled back for now?
    I had no problems changing back the date... as long a you finished downloading or updating everything
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrownswin View Post
    Palm = FAIL, this is unacceptable even though they are smaller than Apple how can this be tolerated. Developers are losing out right now...EVO can't get here soon enough in my opinion right now.
    Tolerated?? Making a big deal out of this much it happens to every company from time to time big or small it hasnt even been a full day yet... so calm down and wash the sand out of your ******
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    That works great except that now I'm late to court!
    as others pointed out... be sure to re-enable network time when you're finished updating your apps especially if you have calendar reminders. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    Tolerated?? Making a big deal out of this much it happens to every company from time to time big or small it hasnt even been a full day yet... so calm down and wash the sand out of your ******
    i can confirm, changing the date works. Thanks everyone!
    The speculation that something is wrong with the certificate being expired is probably correct. Coincidentally, my app was approved on 5/14 but when I looked on the date in the developer section, it said 5/15. In other words the app was reviewed and approved (like normal) but the date of release was the next day instead of the current day.

At the time, I didn't think anything of it and waited for 5/15 to see if the app would appear in the app catalog. Sure enough when 5/15 came around, it did appear in the catalog so I thought everything was okay.

We know now that everything wasn't okay. Since then, I've gotten tons of email complaints about the download not installing. I emailed Palm and they said engineering had been notified. Hope this gets fixed soon before my review rating goes down to zero.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    I emailed Palm and they said engineering had been notified. Hope this gets fixed soon before my review rating goes down to zero.
    I also did this. My Reviews are also going to zero. I already made a comment on this but the people don't even seem to read it. It's more then frustrating. Titan Stopwatch is one of the first apps when you load th app catalog. So I had 817 downloads since today and nobody was able to install. Now more then the half of the people think this is my fault.
    having just recieved the phone back from the phone fixing ppl after gettin a fault fixed (stuck in headset mode). the shop do what they call a software upgrade but basically they reset it for u.

luckily enough the pre backs up the info in your palm profile and as i do every week or so i checked the upgrade app..... sure enough i could upgrade. since then the phone hasnt installed anything from the app catalogue or any app updates that are available.

at first i thought it was another fault with the phone so me being me done a system reset... easy enough..... only to find the same problem everyone seems to be experiencing still hasnt been fixed.

checking online i learnt i am not the only one with this prob and i found a temporary fix that seems to work.

if you set your date manually back a while, the website forum i saw said 10 days, i went back a month. it seems to work. all my apps are now happily re installing themselves onto my phone.

hopefully palm will fix this problem soon. afterall, whats the point in having apps if one cant use them?

i would post the link but saddly it wont let me! grrr so instead i will copy and paste the post

"If you go into Date & Time, then turn off Network Time and then set the date back a couple of days, it should let you update and install apps.

I set my date back 10 days.

After you update and install your apps, you can set Network Time back on if you wish.

Until the issue gets resolved by Palm, you can probably keep doing this to update and install more apps, sure it's annoying but it's a small price to pay to get your apps working again"
    where can i find an update for my palm im looking for 1.3.5
    This is turning into a customer support nightmare for me. I'm getting a complaint email about one every 30 minutes or so. I hope Palm gets this fixed today or my inbox is going to be full.
    mobigamedepot.com
    is anyone else having trouble adding contacts?? It must be part of this disaster that has erupted at palm today
    Doctored for no reason. Is there any way to mass-reinstall all the apps? I would prefer not to go through each one individually...
    problem may be more than catalog, and extend to palm profile servers...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/15/2010 at 05:40 PM.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast