Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jensbob View Post
    i just turned back the date to april and it worked like charm...

Cheers, Jens

Edit: Maybe an outdated certificate... or something
    yep changing the date works...
    Thanks a lot it works!
    It works with the date rolled back.
    so strange. And people saying they are going to jump ship because of this are just looking for excuses...
    I agree, show me a system that's perfect. I'm sure it's just a glitch. Or, Palm is doing some real work on their system and the front end isn't communicating with their back end.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    weird.. well thx to the poster. at least i can start using my pre again
    Here is my experience with the problem - matches what others have said. Palm Tech support said they'd be back with me in 24 hrs:

GottaBeMobile(dot)com

Since I am a new registered user, I cannot post links? Lame.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    D-oh. Just got my Pre a few days ago and have been loading apps and patches like crazy. Had 42 patches plus the uberkernel/govnah and everything was great until I installs started failing from the WOSQI. Then I noticed I couldn't install from the app catalog either, nor Preware.

Since then, I've done every type of reset (it's now in a secure reset cycle; should be done by tomorrow?) and webdoc'd it twice. I just found this thread and I'm hoping it's not me, but would a problem with Palm servers affect the ability to install via WOSQI? Also I now have problems with the GPS. I can only seem to get triangulation from cell towers, since my position keeps jumping around.

I'm on 1.4.1 on an SFR Pre Plus.

On a positive note, this (temporary) problem doesn't shake my faith at all in the platform. I've lived with a Droid and Windows mobile for a bit, and WebOS IMHO is the best out there. Don't get flaky, people.
    Changing the date works great. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    D-oh. Just got my Pre a few days ago and have been loading apps and patches like crazy. Had 42 patches plus the uberkernel/govnah and everything was great until I installs started failing from the WOSQI. Then I noticed I couldn't install from the app catalog either, nor Preware.

Since then, I've done every type of reset (it's now in a secure reset cycle; should be done by tomorrow?) and webdoc'd it twice. I just found this thread and I'm hoping it's not me, but would a problem with Palm servers affect the ability to install via WOSQI? Also I now have problems with the GPS. I can only seem to get triangulation from cell towers, since my position keeps jumping around.

I'm on 1.4.1 on an SFR Pre Plus.

On a positive note, this (temporary) problem doesn't shake my faith at all in the platform. I've lived with a Droid and Windows mobile for a bit, and WebOS IMHO is the best out there. Don't get flaky, people.
    Excuse my ignorance, but how does one roll back the date on the Palm Pre? I too lost contact info and have apps that dont work, and would like to roll the date back in my stored info, but I dont know how...could someone quickly explain???

Thanks.
    I was one button click away from doctoring my PRE since google brought me to an old precentral thread that detailed doctoring as a solution (is this a google conspiracy? j/k ). In any event, I'm glad I decided to visit the precentral homepage. Palm should have really posted an update on their site. That's where I went first and lost many subsequent hours of sleep trying to figure this out til the wee early hours of the morning! Well such as life, ****** happens...

Well at least I can continue downloading my apps now with the date roll back "fix". Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by waltz69 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but how does one roll back the date on the Palm Pre? I too lost contact info and have apps that dont work, and would like to roll the date back in my stored info, but I dont know how...could someone quickly explain???

Thanks.

Open the "Data & Time" app in the Launcher. Turn of Network time if it is set to "On" then change the date to like May 13th. Exit app and all should be fine.
    Last edited by zerohot; 05/15/2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by waltz69 View Post

Thanks.
    Well, just click the date & time app and change the date.
    this is proof that when there are problems, it is important to use a good troubleshooting process.

among other things, try non-destructive things first (restart isn't harmful, full secure erase is - in that it has no 'undo' feature)

also, with dependance on 'the cloud' it is safe to assume that many problems are in that cloud, and must e solved in the cloud.

with such an active and helpful community, it is often helpful to check here first, and see if others have the issue. Someone will probably have it, or at least try to duplicate your issue.

often time is all that is needed for a problem to be solved in the cloud (google calendar had n outage last week).

most important is to understand that tis goes with 'cloud' services, and not to panic. You will find lots of posts that decry 'cant wat for EVO' or 'palm=fail' or other such whining.

just like the aGPS issue, people with cool heads work hard to identify and solve prolems. 3rd graders post frustrated whining and threats.

this will be resolved soon. Don't make radical changes to your phone until then. Don't wipe stuff out that can't be restored until this issue is fixed.

if you already have, take comfort that it's almost impossible truly brick your phone, so you will be able to recover.

until then, back up whatever you can - especially photos and videos you have taken.

then put down the phone and make eye contact with someone you care about.

...just sayin'
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hi

I have the original pre with Sprint and I do not have any patches, homebrew apps etc. Just whats in the app catalog

So this morning I was getting an update for an app and it said install failed. So i restarted and when the phone came back up it said could not log into Palm profile.

Then it said do you want to restart or restore factory defaults. So i said just restart

Then when it came back on it made me log into my palm profile. and then made me login to facebook, gmail, yahoo, AIM etc

And now it says 45 apps install failed. All my apps have an exclamation on it. and everytime i say reinstall it says install failed.

I have tried to restart the phone again but the apps still wont install.

Does anyone know what is going on with my phone and how i can fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Hah, excellent. You are right. It works with the date rolled back. Extremely likely just a certificate thing.
    this works!!!

wow, what a stupid fail. The cert check should happen before the install not after!
    please use this thread to post and find information:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...every-app.html
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i just noticed the tag for this thread.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    Hi

I have the original pre with Sprint and I do not have any patches, homebrew apps etc. Just whats in the app catalog

So this morning I was getting an update for an app and it said install failed. So i restarted and when the phone came back up it said could not log into Palm profile.

Then it said do you want to restart or restore factory defaults. So i said just restart

Then when it came back on it made me log into my palm profile. and then made me login to facebook, gmail, yahoo, AIM etc

And now it says 45 apps install failed. All my apps have an exclamation on it. and everytime i say reinstall it says install failed.

I have tried to restart the phone again but the apps still wont install.

Does anyone know what is going on with my phone and how i can fix it.
    Merged threads
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast