Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Same here. I've been booted out of my profile, so I anticipate that when I log back in everything will be gone. Fail.
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I was @ Seminole HardRock in Hollywood, FL last night, just minding my vusiness and hit updates on the app. cat.... The Death By Caff. App was up for update. My finga accidentally swiped 'remove'. After it was completed I tried to reinstall.

Being slightly under the influence, I would not accept the fact that it said 'Installation Failed'. At least not lightly. I tried everything (but checking here of course) that I could from a Poker Waiting room.

figured Preware was a glitching, awoke this morning, brain was hurting, (but I did win $215) and was still getting 'failed' error. My brain was emitting the same message. (hangover) :-)

Decided to check Google and typed 'canlt install apps Pre' in the search engine. Low and behild, a Palm Support Forum comes up where it blames Preware's Backround app and to reDOCTOR your Pre.

I then decided to check here... And found this. Someone needs this on the frontpage.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I'm glad I read this forum before I reseted my phone. I would be be mad.
    omg....i have been trying for 2 hours to fix this. Even posted a question on another site. I'm so happy its not me.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    All - there's a post on the Treocentral forum with a temporary "fix" that worked for me:

Go to the App shopping bag link for your apps that have failed updates and select the "Do Not Update" button. This will take out the yellow exclamation point app failed warning and your app will (*should*) work.

This does not resolve whatever the problem is with the apps failing to update, but at least you can use the apps while we wait for a fix.

Still... after messing with this for an hour last night before coming and reading on the forms, I am looking at my wife's Android phone with a bit of increased jealousy this morning...
    Wow, I was about to freak up my weekend by flatening the pre and setting everything up anew...Thanks to this threat I will calm down and wait. Thanks to all of you!

(Pre on simyo Germany)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    to add, last night after 2 failed attempts (wifi and 3G) I rebooted with no wipe (held power button while toggling ringer switch). How are you guys rebooting to cause the wipe? Pulling battery? Powering down?, etc...
    Got word from Palm that they're "investigating" - basically got word the nanosecond I asked and since it's 7am out there in Sunnyvale, I suspect they're working hard on it.

Anyhow story posted and thanks to everybody for the heads-up.
    Obviously this problem needs to get fixed fast. Palm should make an official announcement, and it would be nice to see this information on the front page.

I will say this, for those ****ed at Palm and looking at Android, keep in mind that these things happen. I can remember a couple of recent occasions when RIM's servers were puking denying quite a few people of critical email traffic. When you have software with millions of lines of code, and an untold number of interaction issues, bugs come up. Be patient. These kinds of things come with the territory.
    Tried a second time to do the update and a dialog came up telling me I needed to reboot. When I did, bingo, logged out of my account.
    Well I needed to doctor anyway. That's my excuse and I am sticking with it. Had just hit the next button on the doctor when I decided on wanted to log into the forums.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tguolee View Post
    All - there's a post on the Treocentral forum with a temporary "fix" that worked for me:

Go to the App shopping bag link for your apps that have failed updates and select the "Do Not Update" button. This will take out the yellow exclamation point app failed warning and your app will (*should*) work.

This does not resolve whatever the problem is with the apps failing to update, but at least you can use the apps while we wait for a fix.
    Tried, does not work. Palm = fail.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I will say this, for those ****ed at Palm and looking at Android, keep in mind that these things happen. I can remember a couple of recent occasions when RIM's servers were puking denying quite a few people of critical email traffic. When you have software with millions of lines of code, and an untold number of interaction issues, bugs come up. Be patient. These kinds of things come with the territory.
    These things come with the territory? Seriously? Maybe in Mediocreland or Abysmalville. This doesn't happen with the iPhone app store or Android's Marketplace. Hard to believe Palm's unable to keep their store up and running given the relatively small number of apps and customers it supports.

They're going to have to do a lot better than this when HP is calling the shots or the core people at Palm will be out on the street.
    Why every time sometime goes wrong with the phone people doctor it right away?

how long does it take to doctor cause if it takes more then 20 minutes i don't ever seeing myself doing it unless my phone is frozen, At the get go it was pretty obvious that it was a server malfunction
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    well lets wait and see what palms going to say about the issue. if they are working on it (what i believe) its not fair to come up with the intention to switch to another platform cause of that.
    i dont think u will anyway :-P
    Well some people use the phone for testing experimental items (kernels, etc) sometimes it is good to clean house so to speak. I was thinking about this weeked saw problems thought it was related but oh well.
    Man. I hope they have this fixed before the AT&T launch tomorrow..
    I'm having a problem where it says I have updates to my apps, but when I go to the app page, it doesn't tell me which apps have updates available, and I don't have an install button.
    Back in the summer of 2008 the iPhone had problems with apps crashing from their apps store when version 2.0 was announced.
    Here is a link that I can now post
    iPhone, App Store problems causing more than just headaches

There are many more aritcles about it when you search the internet.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast