Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone check out the cnet vid for the AT&T palm pre plus? Bonnie Cha says (and shows) it ships with 1.4.2. It seems unlikely that palm will have different versions for too long. I think May 16th is the AT&T release date.

Palm Pre Plus (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    How do you figure May 16th? =S
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Word on the street is next update is 1.4.5 and 1.4.2 is basically the same as 1.4.1.1.
    ^ That's what I also read/heard/self pleasured to.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    ^ That's what I also read/heard/self pleasured to.
    We're all obsessed with palm and webos here, but this is too far
    I'm sorry, I'm in love with this phone. =/
    I have two theorys.

May 16:
    16 = 14 + 2

OR

1.4.1.1:
    14 + 1 + 1 = 14 + 2
    +1 or should I say 1+1=2

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    1.4.2 might just be the AT&T-specific version of 1.4.1 or 1.4.1.1.

Remember when the GSM Pre first hit Europe back in October? 1.1.2 was current then, but Europe got 1.1.3 - nobody else got it. It was just 1.1.2 for GSM. 1.4.2 is probably going to be the very same deal.

I don't think that this is going to touch on whatever's coming in early to mid june, which I personally think is going to be 1.4.5 (see also the front page article)
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

Remember when the GSM Pre first hit Europe back in October? 1.1.2 was current then, but Europe got 1.1.3 - nobody else got it. It was just 1.1.2 for GSM. 1.4.2 is probably going to be the very same deal.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm in love with this phone. =/
    I had to double check your name. After this quote, I thought it might be "SportingLoins"...
    Did any of you read the AT&T Pre Plus review?

yeah 1.4.2 is only on the AT&T Pre Plus for some various reasons and it's pretty much the same.
    I highly doubt there will be an update on a Sunday, not trying to be negative.
    i long to see the day for an update including a palm reviewed software keyboard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

I don't think that this is going to touch on whatever's coming in early to mid june, which I personally think is going to be 1.4.5 (see also the front page article)
    This is what I've heard.
    the .2 may be because att will have autoconnect to att wifi spots...
    That's what the article said.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I had to double check your name. After this quote, I thought it might be "SportingLoins"...
    I'm not convinced this isnt dbd's alter ego. The pro-pre one.. j/k
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    according to the Mayan calendar, June 16 is the day we get a Flash-enabled phone with working Verizon GPS and the ability to conjure the dead.
    I think that due to the fact it's the sixteenth of the fifth month of the tw thousand and tenth year since the birth of Christ and I am currently in lakewood california listening to me padre and uncle and aunt playing 60's/70's/80's music that there will possibly may be a chance that a update may or may not be released sometime in the next week to a year from now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast