Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so my pre got restored to erase full data and when it booted back up its asking me for a profile witch idk whats that. so my brother told me that i needed the msl code to restore it ??
    Your palm profile. The profile you activated the phone on when you first got it, email address and password I think.
  3.    #3  
    yes they told me that too but i dont have one since i got it from my brother because he switched to the iphone also it doesnt let me create a profile it says "you need to be connected to your wireless service providers net work to sign in "?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spike5 View Post
    yes they told me that too but i dont have one since i got it from my brother because he switched to the iphone also it doesnt let me create a profile it says "you need to be connected to your wireless service providers net work to sign in "?
    Use your brothers password to get in. Or go to your carrier.
  5.    #5  
    is there any other way ?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    nope.
    You should have the option to create a new Palm Profile at that screen...
  8.    #8  
    it dosent let me
    I had the same problem last night as a matter of fact.

1 is the phone activated on your acct?
    if it is, is there a 1x or ev icon on the top right?
    if not orange/sym/r to reset the pre then create new profile.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

10.    #10  
    no its not activated to any account and it dosent let me creat a profile because its says i need to be in my wireless service prviders
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Well you cant create a profile without service. So you need to call in and have it activated first. Or go to a store and let them do everything with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    Well you cant create a profile without service. So you need to call in and have it activated first. Or go to a store and let them do everything with you.
    Not True! go here:

Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

you can activate it and use the wifi for data.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

13.    #13  
    ill check it out thanks
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    is there any other way ?
    Why can't you get your brothers password.....hmm
    are you the guy that "found" a pre at his "skool" and wanted to activate it???? seems kinda like a coincidence that that you're asking for the msl code just the way they were yesterday

edit: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2451164
    Last edited by notalexrz; 05/14/2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: link added
  16.    #16  
    i wouldve asked him already if i could contact him but noo. what are u talking about ? what guy ?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    i wouldve asked him already if i could contact him but noo. what are u talking about ? what guy ?
    I seriously think the easy way to handle this is go to your carrier.
  18.    #18  
    ill keep that in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    are you the guy that "found" a pre at his "skool" and wanted to activate it???? seems kinda like a coincidence that that you're asking for the msl code just the way they were yesterday

edit: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2451164
    Exactly. I was thinking the same thing... which is the reason I don't explain these things, but instead point them to their Sprint store. Too many 'found' devices out there that never make it back to the original owners.
  20.    #20  
    I'm following the instructions here: developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051&Itemid=21

It all worked until the very last step: "Run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: java -jar devicetool.jar"

When I do that Terminal just prints out an exception: Unabe To Access jarfile devicetool.jar

whats the problem ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast