Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is this the right forum/website to talk about rooting my palm pre. Didn't want to type up a huge paragraph about my situation then not be the right forum. I don't know if rooting is illegal and I'm sure it voids my warranty. Any help would be much appreciated. If this is the wrong place can you please provide me with a link to get me started. Thanks Andrea
    Last edited by asiebert; 05/20/2010 at 06:50 PM.
    Yes, this is the right forum.

No, rooting your phone does NOT void your warranty. Only overclocking the cpu does.

What did you need help with?
    If there was ever a problem with your phone I know first hand that many Sprint stores don't seem to care. Heck, they do it themselves. You can always "doctor" your phone later if you need to, which puts it back to factory settings.
    The overclocking is an issue though.
    Need any help, just ask us. And welcome to the family.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    and even if it WAS illegal...which it isnt...we wouldn't tell on u
  6.    #6  
    Lol that's good i'd hope not but I never have time to sit down to do this all at once so when I do get a chance one of you better be here Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by asiebert View Post
    Lol that's good i'd hope not but I never have time to sit down to do this all at once so when I do get a chance one of you better be here Thank You!
    There will always be somebody here to help. Welcome to the best phone community around.
    And enjoy your new Pre.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  8.    #8  
    Another question?....How can I download a song from a rext to set as a ringtone? Can I even set them as a ringtone if I move them from my pc to my phone? My usb broke so I wanna know if its even worth byuing a new one because thats really the only reason I would use the usb.
    I'm not weird, it's called having a personality...I Speak Fluent Sarcasm.
    Another question?....How can I download a song from a rext to set as a ringtone? Can I even set them as a ringtone if I move them from my pc to my phone? My usb broke so I wanna know if its even worth byuing a new one because thats really the only reason I would use the usb.
    WebOS can use any mp3 as a ringtone. You can always email it to yourself.

All you do is go to Sounds & Ringtones, tap on ringtones and the OS will identify all of the available files you can use are ringtones that are on your phone. Just tap the one you want. Easy as pie.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  10.    #10  
    Ok sorry that was probably a stupid question but the only way I have even tried to set a ringtone is through a text and it didnt work, but thank you
    No question is stupid. We all have to learn to use our devices some how.

Actually it's worth getting another, if it's the cord you mean. You can transfer ringtones on to your phone using the usb. All you have to do is find the ringtone folder and transfer the files to it. I don't think you can save a ringtone from a text however.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Possibly hold the orange/white button and tap the link. That may work.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Actually it's worth getting another, if it's the cord you mean. You can transfer ringtones on to your phone using the usb. All you have to do is find the ringtone folder and transfer the files to it. I don't think you can save a ringtone from a text however.
    If you use an application called "Internalz" by Jason Robataille you can save a ringtone from a text.

Just browse to /media/internal/ and look for the attachments folder, in it you will find the mms folder and then look in the other folders there to find your ringtone file. Copy or move them to the ringtone folder by tapping the file.
  15.    #15  
    Ill give it a try thank you! IDK why my usb stoped working...its the one that came with the phone usb/charger....it looks perfectly fine it just stopped working POS
    I'd like to suggest that the OP would change the title to something about rooting and homebrew, so it is more useful when it turn up in search results..

...just sayin'
  17.    #17  
    Lol I would but I don't even know how to do that haha
    Ill give it a try thank you! IDK why my usb stoped working...its the one that came with the phone usb/charger....it looks perfectly fine it just stopped working POS
    Are you using any non-Palm branded chargers? I fried a couple of usb ports that way...
    Lol I would but I don't even know how to do that haha
    Click the edit button at the bottom of the original post...
  20.    #20  
    Ok I changed it. No the usb/charger is the one that came with my phone so its a plam brand and I didnt even have it a month before it stopped working. Now....how can I get a different theme for my phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast