1.    #1  
    When I fire up PreWare, it tells me there is one update.

it says it is an update for Luna, but when I try to update it tells me it needs to update some other item, when I view it, it is Package manager.

Ok, so I go to update it, it just spins and says updating/ installing, indefinitely. It never errors, and never continues.

I have to toss the PreWare launch and just go about my business, without my update.

Any ideas/help

thanks
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Uninstall Luna Manager, then re-install the new version.
    delete package manager. it is no longer needed. delete luna then reinstall and do a luna restart
    do what trekker said.

Doing what hatchettjack said is ok too but wont solve your issues w/ lunamgr,youll need to remove w/ PreWare and reinstall the same way.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Uninstall Luna Manager, then re-install the new version.
    I was having the same issue; this was a great idea!
  6.    #6  
    Ahhh!!! That did it! Cool!

Now if I could JUST get myTether to get back to working order.. (no internet.local only), but thats for another thread another day..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    delete package manager. it is no longer needed. delete luna then reinstall and do a luna restart
    I uninstalled Package Manager Service (PMS...no not THAT PMS! lol) and Luna Manager since it seems that PMS was getting re-installed (it should have been removed with the update to Preware 1.0.0) with the Luna Manager update. By removing both and then re-installing just Luna Mgr, the dependency on PMS was removed and Luna Mgr can operate alone (since PMS is now built into Preware).
    See more info at:

[url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

"Recent enhancements [to Preware]
    1.0.0: The Package Manager Service has been rewritten in C and incorporated into this single Preware package. Installing Preware 1.0.0 will remove the Package Manager Service as the last step of the upgrade process."