Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Seems like I do it at least once a day... lol.
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
    I've done that many times also.
    Not really - I've been using Ctrl-Backspace to delete full words for years (just like the Pre using shift-backspace).
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not really - I've been using Ctrl-Backspace to delete full words for years (just like the Pre using shift-backspace).
    Same.. could not live without this feature. I was overjoyed when they included it in the Pre (except using Shift, obviously).
    not that one, but I hit shift + K all the time thinking its sym + K to bring up webOS emoticon...on my MAC...very annoying
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Unreal. I never knew about ctrl-backspace on PC... thanks tons!
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
    I do! I had to install a gestures extension in Google Chrome so I can use back and forward gestures on my PC browser with the mouse :P
    Its pretty cool, check out "gestures" as an extension for Chrome, or I'm sure its on Firefox too if you use that.
    i hit Ctrl + Enter to accidently send mails
    Ctrl + backspace is pretty useful
    Ctrl + Y is redo of course so no harm done
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    Unreal. I never knew about ctrl-backspace on PC... thanks tons!
    So funny! I had no idea either, so I just gave it a try. Can't believe I never heard of it before.
    Newman, as always you are my hero.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzums View Post
    ... overjoyed when they included it in the Pre (except using Shift, obviously).
    NOW I find this out!

Thanks!

And just FYI - on a PC, ctrl-delete erases full words behind the cursor
    is there a key combo to send email,( one of my pre's has a crack over the send icon. And tapping on it doesn't work)
    I think it's time I reviewed all of the webOS shortcuts. I didn't know about this one, certainly.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    No, but on occasion, after using the palm emulator on my PC, I find myself trying to drag stuff to scroll up and down which only highlights text on a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    is there a key combo to send email,( one of my pre's has a crack over the send icon. And tapping on it doesn't work)
    If you install the Enable Landscape Email patch, you can move the send icon to the upper right corner by turning the phone to Landscape.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    The typing experience is to different for me.

What I have done:
    I turn off my HTPC TV by the power switch (current setup makes doing this easier than finding the remote). Sometimes while the PC shuts down it'll pop something up and I'll try touching my TV screen to acknowledge/close it before realizing it doesn't support that...
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3