Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just read the review on the AT&T Pre Plus, and guess what? It has flawless GPS...even indoors. Sprint users will tell you that their GPS works great as well. In both cases, subscriptions to carrier GPS is not necessary, though Sprint does include it for free. Verizon? AWFUL GPS. The biggest of the Big 3. Allegedly the best network. The leader in customer service. It seemed a logical bet that they'd have good GPS. Wrong!

Surely this puts the final nail in the coffin to the conspiracy debate. Palm now has the Pre/Plus on all 3 of the biggest carriers in the US. Sprint's works great. AT&T's works great. Verizon's sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I just read the review on the AT&T Pre Plus, and guess what? It has flawless GPS...even indoors. Sprint users will tell you that their GPS works great as well. In both cases, subscriptions to carrier GPS is not necessary, though Sprint does include it for free. Verizon? AWFUL GPS. The biggest of the Big 3. Allegedly the best network. The leader in customer service. It seemed a logical bet that they'd have good GPS. Wrong!

Surely this puts the final nail in the coffin to the conspiracy debate. Palm now has the Pre/Plus on all 3 of the biggest carriers in the US. Sprint's works great. AT&T's works great. Verizon's sucks.
    call verizon I will too. I wonder what bs they will think of next?
    even if they they will fix gps on this device, it's still my last contract with them. Tired of this bs limitations and disabling hardware to push their service.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    call verizon I will too. I wonder what bs they will think of next?
    Right. We can put an end to all the nonsense that this isn't a Verizon issue. How many "fixes" have been batted around here? How many actually COMPLETELY FIX the GPS issue?

"Well, if you dial '##GPS##xlt64948*(*7483497845389errdoji()*(^&&^&*(U((*(#@@$', turn your Pre Plus off and on 13.1 times, take the battery out and face it due north for exactly 22.68 minutes, gently blow on the battery connections producing a wind speed of exactly 3.4 mph and do this for 29 seconds, stand on your head, chant to the sun god Ra, put the battery back in and power up and your GPS should work better!"
    I left Verizon almost a year ago and have never regretted my decision. The last straw was when I paid for unlimited text for my daughter's phone and when the next month's bill arrived I was still getting charged for additional texts. So I called Verizon to complain and they told me that the unlimited texts was for only inside the Verizon network and if my daughter text someone outside of the Verizon network it was still extra, so then I would also have to pay an additional monthly fee so she could text outside of Verizon's network. What a bunch of cr#p.
    yes I tried that still does not work. Have you tried that patch made by homebrewer? I would like to but unsure how it will affect the rest of os. I'm sure with enough complains we will get results. Webos users are still in small numbers but hopefully the merge will create good enough hardware to atract business users and then verizon will beg on knees for palms devices.
    Whole lotta whinin goin on LOL to funny , go tell someone who cares and just leave VZ already !
    AT&T is not free
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    AT&T is not free
    Yeah and neither is V, Sprint or Tmob.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Yeah and neither is V, Sprint or Tmob.
    Sprint Navigation is included in the plan you have to get for the Pre, so it is 'free'.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Sprint Navigation is included in the plan you have to get for the Pre, so it is 'free'.
    Of course but I thought that he/she was referring to service. The point of the original post is that ALL flavors of GPS work very well on the Sprint Pre and the ATT Pre +.
    after I updated to 1.4.1 on VZW my GPS hadn't improved. However, two days ago I did a full erase and restored with 1.4.1, now my GPS works like sprint and ATT users report. Google maps takes 5-10 seconds to load, GPS lock in under 7 seconds WITHOUT VZNav open. Whatever Verizon did for me, my GPS is PERFECT now.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Of course but I thought that he/she was referring to service. The point of the original post is that ALL flavors of GPS work very well on the Sprint Pre and the ATT Pre +.
    Exactly. Sprint's and AT&T's GPS works just fine even if you don't have their subscription Nav services.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrose001 View Post
    Whole lotta whinin goin on LOL to funny , go tell someone who cares and just leave VZ already !
    The point is to try to resolve the problem. When it costs over $400 to break the contract, "just leave VZ already" is not a helpful comment. Quit trolling and do something useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    after I updated to 1.4.1 on VZW my GPS hadn't improved. However, two days ago I did a full erase and restored with 1.4.1, now my GPS works like sprint and ATT users report. Google maps takes 5-10 seconds to load, GPS lock in under 7 seconds WITHOUT VZNav open. Whatever Verizon did for me, my GPS is PERFECT now.
    How accurate is it? How big is the circle around the dot?
    Apparently, V has decided that they're going to fix the issue.

http://www.precentral.net/verizon-pr...s-issues-webos
    ^ I just saw that too.
    You'd think they would by now, especially considering that all other carriers have very little gps problems. The pressure is on, and hopefully with the recent HP buyout Verizon will give Palm some more respect.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    lolololol i just let @vzwsupport know my feelings on the issue on twitter. they asked me if i had enabled gps, google services, autolocate, etc. i told them to stop insulting me and unfollow me as i know more about the Pre+ than any employee I've spoken with at Vzw, or Sprint for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    lolololol i just let @vzwsupport know my feelings on the issue on twitter. they asked me if i had enabled gps, google services, autolocate, etc. i told them to stop insulting me and unfollow me as i know more about the Pre+ than any employee I've spoken with at Vzw, or Sprint for that matter.
    That is funny. After you did that I guess you saw the link to the story Deiter did?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast