Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Sprint Navigation is included in the plan you have to get for the Pre, so it is 'free'.

Does sprint nav have live traffic update, with traffic rerouting, as well as finding the nearest place based on price?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrose001 View Post
    Whole lotta whinin goin on LOL to funny , go tell someone who cares and just leave VZ already !
    fyi ^^^^^ this guy works for verizon, and no thats not a joke. Go read his other post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrose001 View Post
    Whole lotta whinin goin on LOL to funny , go tell someone who cares and just leave VZ already !
    Another great showing of "people skills" there D.C. Rose... Why are you here? Do you have anything constructive to offer?
    The good ole service provided debate....

Switch to Sprint I'm sure you will be happy having flawless GPS. Hopefully you can use your GPS to locate a signal so you can actually use your device.

ATT is decent if you're okay with dropped calls and 3g outages. But hey GPS works so it's all good.

Verizon will suck your pockets dry, but you will never drop a call and the internet is blazing. They did throw in free mobile hotspot too. GPS is a joke to say the least.

^---Take your pick. No one company is perfect. Just like no one phone is perfect. You should weight the pros and cons before signing any contract. Pick the company that has the least amount of cons in your eyes.

Also if you really want to leave a company it's easy, just pay the early termination fee. The fee goes down every month so you might not even owe that much. Before you go that route though call *611 tell the operator that you're thinking about leaving and they will forward you to this special place . Once they come on the phone tell them your issues...their whole job is to do everything they can to keep you happy and keep their service. They will hook you up with some great deals . If you're still not happy then pay the fee and you're free to go to any network you decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    How accurate is it? How big is the circle around the dot?
    Within 5ft. There is no circle around the dot after a few seconds, it locks on very fast. I have tested Trapster and YPmobile and both of them work just as well as Google Maps. I suggest to VZW users to try and see if they get any results by downloading the newest WebOS Doctor for Verizon and have it clean up shop for you.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    sprint = good gps but good luck getting evdo
    vzw = good evdo but good luck getting a gps fix. mobile hotspot makes it worth it.
    at&t = see sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    sprint = good gps but good luck getting evdo
    vzw = good evdo but good luck getting a gps fix. mobile hotspot makes it worth it.
    at&t = see sprint
    Ummmm. I'm always able to get ATT 3G in my metro area and others that I travel to and I consistently get 3.5 down. So with ATT Pre+ I feel pretty confident in being able to use 3G consistently at 3.2mbps or better down.

For me and this may not pertain to others, while V's 3G coverage is extensive I couldn't get V's 3G on the fringes of my metro area when I tried the Pre+ on V for a month back in March. Whereas with ATT their 3G is available on the fringes and the signal is strong. But your mileage may vary.

But I'm all off topic. The point of this thread right now is that V is going to fix the GPS issue for you V Pre+ users so eventually you'll enjoy proper GPS like the other Pre users.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I have better signal and 3G coverage with Sprint (especially at work) than my friends with Verizon and ATT. I have not had to compromise on anything with Sprint. Lowest cost plans, great coverage for voice and 3G, free navigation, working GPS, helpful customer service, etc.
    I have dropped two calls with my VZW Pre. I think it's my work building that is causing it though.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Switch to Sprint I'm sure you will be happy having flawless GPS. Hopefully you can use your GPS to locate a signal so you can actually use your device.
    As a person who has both a Sprint and a Verizon Pre in my possession, I will argue your claim of "flawless GPS" on the Sprint phone. Ever since webOS 1.4.0, my Sprint Pre's GPS has had issues that required a phone reboot to get it working again. With the exception of having to start VZ Navigator to get an initial fix on the Pre Plus, I see no major difference in reliability between the Sprint and Verizon phones' GPS functions.....
    Every phone on every network on every OS in the world has, and will continue to have, multiple issues dealing with hardware, software, and user error.

My phone has a lot of random quirks that my first Pre didn't. My first Pre had no issues AT ALL except for the keyboard typing issues. Some people don't even have that problem.

Some phones work perfectly in every aspect. Some are glorified paperweights. It's the nature of the beast. Leave your assumptions of "OMG THIS WORKZ PURFEKTLY OVER THUR!" in your dreams. It doesn't work that way in the real world.

Except when it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    As a person who has both a Sprint and a Verizon Pre in my possession, I will argue your claim of "flawless GPS" on the Sprint phone. Ever since webOS 1.4.0, my Sprint Pre's GPS has had issues that required a phone reboot to get it working again. With the exception of having to start VZ Navigator to get an initial fix on the Pre Plus, I see no major difference in reliability between the Sprint and Verizon phones' GPS functions.....
    I think it depends on where you are. My Sprint service GPS has worked flawlessly (literally) for me in the DFW area in N Texas since I got it. When I went to Washington DC a couple of weeks ago (heavy Verizon territory), I had to reboot every time I came out of the government building I was at in order to get a GPS fix.

Back in the DFW area, it went back to working flawlessly.
    Weird thing is that today I went to an AT&T store to try out the pre, and of course I tested the keyboard, slider, etc. I then turned on the GPS And opened googe maps, but it wouldn't get a lock, I tried the ##GPS# fix, and that didn't work either. Just like the pre on Veizon
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think it depends on where you are. My Sprint service GPS has worked flawlessly (literally) for me in the DFW area in N Texas since I got it. When I went to Washington DC a couple of weeks ago (heavy Verizon territory), I had to reboot every time I came out of the government building I was at in order to get a GPS fix.

Back in the DFW area, it went back to working flawlessly.
    I took a business trip to Boston for a day last month, and the Sprint Pre crashed/rebooted four times that day. The last time left me dead reckoning my way out of the city just before rush hour, because Sprint Navigation couldn't connect back to the mothership and the GPS had no signal when it finally could. A watched Pre takes forever to reboot...especially when you're lost and need the GPS working!

I took a 100 mile trip to Long Island via NYC yesterday, and left the Sprint Pre running on my dashboard touchstone all day. (Didn't use Sprint Navigation or anything on this trip.) This morning, Navit couldn't get a position for my daily test drive to work, so I had to reboot. It had as close to a clear view of the sky as is possible from the dashboard for 12 hours straight during yesterday's trip, yet couldn't find it's way out of a paper bag this morning.

Like I said, anyone who says that the Sprint Pre's GPS works flawlessly must be having better luck than I am, because my Verizon phone's GPS is equally flaky once it has been bump-started by VZ Navigator.....
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I was having trouble with preware after the update and particularly after the gps patch came out last week. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Not only is preware now working perfectly, but so is my Verizon GPS. It's also much, must faster.
    My Sprint Nav works flawlessly, I use it in CA, NV and AZ. I travel a lot so it really comes in handy for navigation and it's search.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12