Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I have done some serching in the forums but come up short.

Have anyone experience the following, if so how did you make it stop?

I have many free apps installed and felt a need to organize them so i moved games from the first page to the second. And the apps I use the most to the top of the first page. Two days ago I noticed that the apps was not in the order I put them scrolled down only to find that the games were back on the first page again. Only the pre installed apps remained on the scond page.

Solution: do a backup of your device, then. Go to device and erase apps and data. When done let the devic restart, log in to your accounts and when every thing is back, just to be safe make a new backup. Now move your icons to were you want them, do a reset and wait. The icons shuld now remain were you put them.

Good luck. If this information helped you, please press rhe thanks button.

Please help this is very annoying.

// Beca
    Last edited by beca; 05/22/2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Problem solved Jippieee......
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Unless you have a ghost in the house , they shouldn't move on their own. Somebody else is probably messing w/your phone.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Ha ha... So judging by the answer above, no one else has this problem. I just figured out when it happens. I moved all the games to the second screen and restarted the Pre using Orange + sym + r. After that all icons moved were back on thefirst page again. Weird. My Pre is a Spanisch Gsm no patches installed. 1.4.1.
    it might be that only european pre suffer from this but give it a try and report back.

tested turning off, on/off button turn off/swith batter also moves the icons back to page on.
    Last edited by beca; 05/15/2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: tested new idea
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    I've got a German O2 Pre, and have never had this problem. None of my Pre-toting friends have ever had it either.

You might have what we in the profession call a Polterapp. Who ever you gonna call, whatever you do, DO NOT CROSS THE STREAMS
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    I have a US Sprint Pre running 1.4.1.1 and it happens to me also. Very frustrating.
    I only had this problem when tinkering with the filesystem and moving files around partitions (something nobody should be doing in the first place). All my icons went to the first page

After fixing what I did, and returning manually my icons, they have stayed there across reboots.

Very weird. You may want to doctor your Pre
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I think the problem started after i took the 2Mb 1.4.1 update that was supposed to fix a problem with the app catalouge.

You who has experienced this phenomenon comment on when you first noticed it!

I'm not ready to doctor my Pre just yet, the 1.4.2 OS update is comming soon I hope hopfully that will take care of the problem as of now it is the only issu i have.

//Beca
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    The other day my Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1 did a random luna restart and when it turned back on all my apps were gone. So I restarted the phone and the apps came back all on the first page. After that the apps and patches I had would not show up in Preware or device management in WSQI. Check if your apps show up in preware maybe its the ame problem I had.
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    The other day my Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1 did a random luna restart and when it turned back on all my apps were gone. So I restarted the phone and the apps came back all on the first page. After that the apps and patches I had would not show up in Preware or device management in WSQI. Check if your apps show up in preware maybe its the ame problem I had.
    Do you have a solution to the problem?

// Beca
    Are any of you people who are experiencing this bug using patches? If so, post your full list of patches here. Maybe it's an issue with mutually incompatible homebrew stuff. I don't think an app could be the culprit, but maybe a combination of obscure patches and/or themes...
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Do you have a solution to the problem?

// Beca
    No I tried everything I could think of, in the end I had to doctor it..
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Are any of you people who are experiencing this bug using patches? If so, post your full list of patches here. Maybe it's an issue with mutually incompatible homebrew stuff. I don't think an app could be the culprit, but maybe a combination of obscure patches and/or themes...
    I have zero patches since i had to doctor my Pre due to the fact that i uppgraded to 1.4.1 with 2 or 3 patches installed. My misstake.

So I can not see how this culd happen. But every thig else is working just fine the pre is an amazing device. Looking forward to the next OS uppgrade and if the problem persist after that. A trip to the doctors office is all it takes to get rid of the problem, no biggi.

//Beca