1.    #1  
    Folks who have VZ (or sprint)...

Since VZ is unable to talk and surf at the same time, what happens when you get a call when you are on the internet? Does the call go straight to voicemail or do you get a notification that you are getting a call, or does it just interrupt your internet app like any other app?

The reason I ask is because I currently have a 680 on T-mobile, and when I am on the internet or downloading emails, all my calls are sent straight to voicemail. This is obviously due to older technology on the 680, but just wondering how it works on VZ.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    On my Sprint Pre, the internet activity, when using EVDO, is interrupted for the phone call. You may need to reload a web page, etc.

Of course, if I am on wifi then no problem, can surf and talk at the same time.
    Dan
    it suspends Internet so you can take the call.

of course if you are connected to wifi, you can do both
    Also you can receive/send texts while on a call. I am not sure why though. Can anyone explain that?
    yes, you can txt while talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, you can txt while talking.
    I guess my question is why can we do that but not surf the web?

Doesn't text use data? Is it a different type of data?
    txt is on the voice channel. That's why phones without data plans can send txt messages.
    To the OP it is a cell phone 1st so phone calls should be above the internet. I don't know what type of phone you had to make all calls go to voicemail.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    To the OP it is a cell phone 1st so phone calls should be above the internet. I don't know what type of phone you had to make all calls go to voicemail.
    Yes, I agree. I have a Palm Treo 680. When I am downloading emails or actively searching the web, calls go straight to email. It is frustrating.

ETA: Meant to say calls go straight to *voicemail*.
    Last edited by whitenack; 05/14/2010 at 07:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Yes, I agree. I have a Palm Treo 680. When I am downloading emails or actively searching the web, calls go straight to email. It is frustrating.
    I upgraded from a Treo755 to a palm pre plus just for that reason - I sounds like you may be due for an upgrade and you will love the phone!