Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    so simple this is...
    go to http://www.logmein.com
    download small program 37kb or so,
    follow install
    go to www.logmein.com from pre, finished
    5 minutes
    Yeah but how does it look? I know they are working on a BB app, the released a Beta of the Android app.
    I'd like to see how it looks as well. I use logmein daily, but never tried on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    so simple this is...
    go to http://www.logmein.com
    download small program 37kb or so,
    follow install
    go to www.logmein.com from pre, finished
    5 minutes
    Have you actually even tried this on your Pre? I suspect not.
    A little more info from the OP experience would be very appreciated
    What would be nice is a VNC app or a RDP app for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by allybasilic View Post
    A little more info from the OP experience would be very appreciated
    No more info is needed. It doesn't work. There are many threads about it. Someone in one of them mentioned that you actually could get it to work by typing in the mozilla address to access it but it refreshes every time you pan around and basically becomes unusable.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I use logmein regularly, so thought I would try it. I was able to log in to my logmein free account, no problem. When I tried to access my laptop, I received a device error, the Pre said it could not connect to the web page. The laptop is running windows xp pro and requires a u/p to access.

When I tried to access my desktop, I did in fact access it. The little "LogMeIn - Remote Session" notifier appeared on my desktop. The issue was on the Pre. I did see my screen on my desktop, but could not click the usual full screen button I am accustomed to. Refresh was horrible. Could not actually control anything from the Pre.

This is not anywhere near usable.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    is there a working app that does this at all for the pre because if there is I want it it would make thins so much easier for me
    I'm finding that web-based solutions like these need to be optimized for Pre gesturing. For example, my employer uses a web based time reporting system. At times, you need to use the tab key or click and drag a divider bar on screen to navigate to an input field that is not in view. On the Pre, there is no way to accomplish this as the hold and drag gesture moves the entire screen not a particular control.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjschultz1996 View Post
    is there a working app that does this at all for the pre because if there is I want it it would make thins so much easier for me
    The best solution I've found so far is to run EZRemote within Classic. It works fine, but it isn't optimized for tapping. I would love to see a native WebOS remote desktop app.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Doesn't work??? yes it works not the best but it does work in fact i just did it from my pre. what do you want me to test?

hmm it worked 2 days ago.. something changed
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Yep, EzRemote on Classic, the best, easiest, more reliable.. until, if ever there is a WebOs native RDP

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I thought there was a VNC program made for the pre, WinVNC, or something.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EndersChosen View Post
    I thought there was a VNC program made for the pre, WinVNC, or something.
    There is, but it requires software to be installed on the desktop to use. It's called RemoteWin-Lite now (originally PreVNC). EZRemote doesn't, so I've chosen to stick with it.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    There is, but it requires software to be installed on the desktop to use. It's called RemoteWin-Lite now (originally PreVNC). EZRemote doesn't, so I've chosen to stick with it.

Rob
    Yeah they probably had to change the name because it's not actually VNC. It's also a ***** to set up on Vista or 7 because of UAC.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V