1.    #1  
    I posted a couple months ago when I dumped my Pre for the HD2.. I did say back then that even after a couple days I missed the Webos interface.. Not that anyone cares but after a couple months of using the HD2 and swapping the sim with an Iphone3g ... that still.. Web OS kills both of them and after watching those 800mhz Overclocks that I never experienced I'm sure it really kills Iphone and HD2 interfaces. I really hope Palm survives cuz with a little better hardware and a little more robust software selection I believe they could really start doing some business. If I could load WebOs on my HD2 I woulda done it in a heartbeat... paired with Sprints navigation it would Rule!
    Quote Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
    I really hope Palm survives cuz with a little better hardware and a little more robust software selection I believe they could really start doing some business.
    Considering that Palm has been bought by Hewlett-Packard, yeah, it would appear as though webOS -might- be around for a little while longer.

Especially since HP have gone out of their way to state that Palm is an acquisition of the highest strategic importance to their company, and that they're going to aggressively scale webOS to different types of devices, including smartphones, tablets, netbooks, and possibly more.
    o'doyles rule
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Considering that Palm has been bought by Hewlett-Packard, yeah, it would appear as though webOS -might- be around for a little while longer.

Especially since HP have gone out of their way to state that Palm is an acquisition of the highest strategic importance to their company, and that they're going to aggressively scale webOS to different types of devices, including smartphones, tablets, netbooks, and possibly more.
    What they said - :P
    HD2 is running WinMo 6.5 and that alone would tell me to run far far away.
    I bought my daugher the HTC HD2 - it really is impressive; the interface HTC put on it is quite nice.. and, she loves it; she came from a Sidekick, so, I was worried about her migration to the world of virtual keyboards, but, with the haptic feedback, and the large screen, she has adapted just fine.. however...

The phone has frozen twise on her.. the first time, losind all of her contacts - this is a tragedy for any 17 year old, as you may know. She did get them all back, and when it froze again, a month later, she got her contacts back automatically from T-Mobile's server via an automatic synch.

Now, while Im very impressed with it, hardware-wise, and somewhat impressed with it software-wise, I am here to tell you that, IMO, its still second best to WebOS, and, here's the rub - Im using a Treo 650 with the TealOS OS on top of it (if you remember, that came out last February after the Pre was announced and hit a home run at CES, and then PALM told them to stop selling it).

Even the limited functionality of the hardware on my 650, and the lack of true "multitasking", but at least a simulation of it by having many cards open at once on my Treo 650 is, for me, WAY better an experience. Add to that the physical keyboard (yeah, Im one of THOSE guys who really wants one, portrait or landscape, I don't care), and my 650 is now 5 years running strong, and will last me until PALM releases a WebOS device that I can run on T-Mobile's 3G network.

'nuff said.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    until PALM releases a WebOS device that I can run on T-Mobile's 3G network.
    I'm not sure, but won't the AT&T Pre Plus run on T-Mobile seeing as they're both GSM networks to the extent of my knowledge?

All GSM networks are created equal over here. Is this any different on the other side of the pond?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I'm not sure, but won't the AT&T Pre Plus run on T-Mobile seeing as they're both GSM networks to the extent of my knowledge?

All GSM networks are created equal over here. Is this any different on the other side of the pond?
    The run off of different frequencies here. Not sure if it will have the proper ones .
    GodShapedHole;

It will run on standard GSM, but not on the 3G bands, as T-Mobile uses different ones (900/2100) than AT&T (850/1900).
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein