Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It worked. This is pretty great! There's a significant speed difference at 800, but not sure if I should leave it that high for daily use..
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I at first did not notice a lot of difference, perhaps it was the settings I used, or it needed to be re-started, but I can say this has very much increased performance. I have it set to 800 and am leaving it there. Hope I don't ware it out!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    UPDATE: Read my last paragraph.

Well, this has turned out rather badly afterall. Following installing Govnah and UberKernel, I tried to update a Palm Cat app, seemed to download fine, but install failed. Tried installing a fresh cat app, same result. I was able to install a Precentral application.

At one point, trying toupdate the cat app, I was told I must be logged into my profile to use the Palm App Catalog, yet my phone seemed to work otherwise.

I deleted both Govnah and UberKernel, rebooted my phone, and was told I was not connected to my profile, to just reboot, or erase data. I rebooted, had to sign into my profile, and the phone is right now failing to install every single palm cat app, preware is gone, as is all preware apps, some patches are there (multi page and named pages are the only 2 I know that seem to be there).

I am guessing I am facing a major doctor ahead, which REALLY SUCKS!

The only thing I can attribute this to is the installation of Govnah and Uberkernel, wish I had never installed them now. The benefit of increased speed does not even come close to making all this crap worth while.

UPDATE: I want to make sure that anyone reading this knows this was a big coincidence, my installing Govnah and Uberkernel and having a failure with Palms big d*u*m*b*a*s*s move last night causing the app catalog to go offline and subsequently force phones to reset themselves, detaching from their Palm Profile, upon rebooting the phone. This appears to be a Palm issue and no one else. My apologies.
    Last edited by jdod; 05/15/2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: re-evaluate cause
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Well, this has turned out rather badly afterall. Following installing Govnah and UberKernel, I tried to update a Palm Cat app, seemed to download fine, but install failed. Tried installing a fresh cat app, same result. I was able to install a Precentral application.

At one point, trying toupdate the cat app, I was told I must be logged into my profile to use the Palm App Catalog, yet my phone seemed to work otherwise.

I deleted both Govnah and UberKernel, rebooted my phone, and was told I was not connected to my profile, to just reboot, or erase data. I rebooted, had to sign into my profile, and the phone is right now failing to install every single palm cat app, preware is gone, as is all preware apps, some patches are there (multi page and named pages are the only 2 I know that seem to be there).

The only thing I can attribute this to is the installation of Govnah and Uberkernel, wish I had never installed them now. The benefit of increased speed does not even come close to making all this crap worth while.
    it's not just you, i think something's up with palm's server... u can see, if u read other posts, that this is happening to everyone i'm guessing
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post

this has happened on a couple of occasions -- you might have had the bad luck of trying to download while the servers are down -- sometimes patience is the best policy when it comes to this type of issue -- sorry to hear about your bad luck and i hope that you find that it is not the kernel and govnah
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    It was the app catalog, nothing to do with the fine apps, Govnah and Uberkernel. I hope I made it clear enough in my post a couple back.

I have been stung by the "Palm 'Cat'astrophe".
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    The warning about voiding the warranty is kind of scary. Can you still pay the $100 to Sprint and get a replacement or.....?
    I'm pretty sure that no one yet has actually melted their Pre by overclocking it.

Hey, anyone know if Govnah keeps working in the background when I swipe it up?
  8.    #68  
    the overclocking stays working after swiping the govnah app away.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234