Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    yep, uber kernal and govnah.. im set at 500 min and 800 max, its working flawlessly
    Govnah is cool but the only problem with it is that everytime you reboot(mine reboots everyday at 2am) you have to reset the settings. I prefer to use cpu scaler ultimate as you can make the CPU stick the speeds desired
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Govnah is cool but the only problem with it is that everytime you reboot(mine reboots everyday at 2am) you have to reset the settings. I prefer to use cpu scaler ultimate as you can make the CPU stick the speeds desired
    it takes two seconds to reset and i believe it is safer during reboot to have it running at the stock speed. imho
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I added the testing feeds described here, but can still only "see" Govnah. I can't find uber kernal by any means described above.

Any idea what could be wrong?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  5.    #25  
    the easiest way to install it is through preware. you will find both there, following instructions earlier in this thread... i had same problem when trying to install through wosqi
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have PreWare installed, and fairly experienced with patches and apps from there, installed the testing feeds as I mentioned, but typing "uber" to find it in PreWare does not find it.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have PreWare installed, and fairly experienced with patches and apps from there, installed the testing feeds as I mentioned, but typing "uber" to find it in PreWare does not find it.
    I installed Preware this morning and it's there. Look under Available Packages --> Kernel --> Stable

I am running PreWare 1.0
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    I installed Preware this morning and it's there. Look under Available Packages --> Kernel --> Stable

I am running PreWare 1.0
    +1
    Wow - what a huge difference even at 600mhz!
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Wow - what a huge difference even at 600mhz!
    I am running mine at 800mhz right now with a min of 500mhz. I might set my min at 250mhz and see how it goes.
    I just set it to min 250 max 800 setspeed 720. It's a totally different phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    I am running mine at 800mhz right now with a min of 500mhz. I might set my min at 250mhz and see how it goes.
    i did that -- try it if you want my phone suffered from freezes on wake up when i tried the 250 - 800 i am running the cpuscaler with 500-800 set for when it reboots and it has been the most incredible thing ever
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I found the UberKernel, had to search the "everything" tab, thanks!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I started with the UberKernel first, has been Downloading / Installing several minutes, should I have started with Govnah first? Getting worried.
    so I'm installing uberkernel right now, do I have to luna restart befor I install govnah?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    UberKernel has been Downloading / Installing for over 10 minutes, this too long?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    UberKernel has been Downloading / Installing for over 10 minutes, this too long?
    i don't think the order matters and really - it is hard to say if 10 min. is too long -- how is you data service where you are ? it is a big file and does take a while -- have patience --
    you did not have any other kernel patches installed -- correct?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    ok I have both installed, now what, I went to govnah settings and it says

125000 Scaling min freq
    600000 scaling max freq
    500000 scaling set speed
    I set the min to 500 and the max to 800 with a set speed of 720, is there anything else that I need to do?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    The warning about voiding the warranty is kind of scary. Can you still pay the $100 to Sprint and get a replacement or.....?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast