1.    #1  
    Survivor tonight had some major pre coverage from sprint...

• Menu
    • Memos
    • Pictures
    • Videos
    • and more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrico View Post
    Survivor tonight had some major pre coverage from sprint...

• Menu
    • Memos
    • Pictures
    • Videos
    • and more!
    What did they do? Was it a commercial? Did they use the phone? Details please?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    I wwas just coming here to post it lol.

Reign, they gave it as part of a reward challenge. They gave the phone to the winner to take pics and videos of their time on the reward trip, and the families of the remaining players had video messages loaded on the phone. There was a phone scavenger hunt for the survivors to find all the messages in different apps.
  4.    #4  
    Serious Promo, even parvati :-P was gauking over the phone... and if Rupert can Navigate it, you know anybody can use it, dude is down to earth in a natural way
    What I don't get is that the promo was for a Sprint Palm Pre, did they not realize how late in the show this would be shown? Or is this a desperation attempt by sprint to get rid of the rest of their pre inventory.

Six months ago this would have been a brilliant move, now it just doesn't make much sense to me.
  6.    #6  
    Contract no doubt... They have been using the pre the whole season, when pre was 'new' Palm and Sprint made a combined agreement with survivor, but this was the biggest promo for palm yet.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Yes, the host called it "The easy to use Palm Pre"
    I don't watch the show, but I was at a friends house and I overheard them plugging the "Sprint Palm Pre" a bunch of times and when I went to see what show it was, it was Survivor.
    This is the second season they have used the Pre in a reward challenge.

Survivor Samoa

At the reward challenge a new clue to the hidden idol was given on the Palm Pre. The phone had a text message that said to look under a rock, then a video played on the phone showing the exact rock and how to find the idol. Everyone watch it but only Russell took it to heart and began looking for it right as he landed back on the beach. Russell, Jaison, Mick, Laura and Dave all ran out for the idol but after losing Dave in the woods Russell was able to discreetly uncover the idol and yet again find his third. This time with a clue though.
    Wiki says this episode aired November 19th, 2009.
    Last edited by Miles From Nowhere; 05/14/2010 at 07:17 AM.
    Anyone have video of this please?
    yes video please
    It's like a 20 minute chunk of the show...
    woot
    PSN - Killerkong1
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    It's like a 20 minute chunk of the show...
    What essentially amounts to a 20 min commercial watched by about 10 million people is probably is the best advertising for Palm period. I haven't watched the show yet but I'm looking forward to it.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    going to check this out later.
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    What I don't get is that the promo was for a Sprint Palm Pre, did they not realize how late in the show this would be shown? Or is this a desperation attempt by sprint to get rid of the rest of their pre inventory.

Six months ago this would have been a brilliant move, now it just doesn't make much sense to me.
    This season of Survivor was filmed last fall (Beginning of August - Middle of September) while the fall season of Survivor was being shown. They are trying to cut down on costs by filming back to back at the same location. When this was filmed the Sprint Pre was the only version available. The Pre Plus had not even been announced.

It still gave good air time to Palm and the Pre. They had to access several different apps to see things like taking pictures, watching videos of their family, seeing messages, etc. It received much more airtime than in the past.