1.    #1  
    CNET Palm Pre Plus AT&T first look

Palm Pre Plus (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Product summary
    The good: The Palm Pre Plus brings the magic of WebOS to AT&T, including true multitasking and great contact management. The smartphone also ships with an inductive back cover for Touchstone charging and features an improved QWERTY keyboard over the original Pre. The 3-megapixel camera takes excellent photos and offers easy video editing.

The bad: The AT&T Palm Pre Plus doesn't support the Palm Mobile Hotspot app. Battery life still isn't that great.

The bottom line: With the great capabilities of WebOS, the Palm Pre Plus is one of AT&T's better touch-screen smartphones, but its price tag may be off-putting for many.

How this hot spots free of AT&T will work for you, instead the hot spot app?
    Last edited by akitayo; 05/13/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    Bonnie has a very good point about pricing.

IMO, requiring a rebate also hurts sales on AT&T, since this release is a bit close to next month, and you know what that means. The phone that has no rebates, is subsidized better and gets lots of press.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't think Price matters that much, just cause another company has it for less, At&t is the first GSM Pre Plus, They are going to get people all over the world buying these and unlocking them I would think. the price will come down in 1 or 2 months because sprint will now get one or maybe a c40 but i doubt it.
    Sure for travelers, but Americans who mainly stay home will be looking at that Verizon bargain price.

Not only that, but with that other phone coming out refreshed, people will be looking at $250 for the Pre(before rebate) or just spend another $50 for that other phone with no rebate hassle. Or $50 less for the lower storage model, no rebate hassle. This is assuming they keep the same price structure though.

Also AT&T corporate stores may refuse to sell phones with no service activation, so if people are looking to get these just to unlock for use on other networks, they MAY be out of luck depending on where they go.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I don't think Price matters that much, just cause another company has it for less, At&t is the first GSM Pre Plus, They are going to get people all over the world buying these and unlocking them I would think. the price will come down in 1 or 2 months because sprint will now get one or maybe a c40 but i doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Sure for travelers, but Americans who mainly stay home will be looking at that Verizon bargain price.

Not only that, but with that other phone coming out refreshed, people will be looking at $250 for the Pre(before rebate) or just spend another $50 for that other phone with no rebate hassle. Or $50 less for the lower storage model, no rebate hassle. This is assuming they keep the same price structure though.

Also AT&T corporate stores may refuse to sell phones with no service activation, so if people are looking to get these just to unlock for use on other networks, they MAY be out of luck depending on where they go.
    I think you both have a point.

I donīt know what do you think of these statistics on youtube

AT&T Palm Pre Plus ad has 37.563 views until now.uploaded April 25, 2010

AT&T Palm Pixi Plus ad has 4.672 views until now.uploaded May 10, 2010

Palm Pixi commercial has 116.367 views until now. uploaded Nov 11, 2009

Not too much enthusiam for AT&Ts ? I really hope to get wrong. Will see after this Sunday May 16th.