Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    someone help me, i downloaded some apps to my palm pre but they wont show up on my palm pre app menu and i went to launch and they werent on there, where else should i check? an yes ive restarted it already
    try typing in the name and see if it pops up?
    How did you download -- through the app catalog, through Preware, or through WebOS Quick Install? App catalog downloads generally show up as an icon at the bottom of your first launcher page.
    Quote Originally Posted by jman139 View Post
    someone help me, i downloaded some apps to my palm pre but they wont show up on my palm pre app menu and i went to launch and they werent on there, where else should i check? an yes ive restarted it already
    1. Where did you download the apps from? The app catalogue, preware, WOSQI, etc.?

2. Can you see the default apps?

3. How many launcher pages do you have?

4. Are you patched in any way?

EDIT.... Sorry, the one above me got in just before mine.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hmm, only 3 posts and joined in may, so you are new. Did you scroll down?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

EDIT.... Sorry, the one above me got in just before mine.
    Great minds think alike.
    And, of course, what apps did you download?
  8.    #8  
    i downloaded a couple, and yes i scrolled down and side to side, i tried typign in the name, no i can not see the apps, i used the webos quick install. and whats patch mean?
  9.    #9  
    i downloaded the prework out one and checkers beta and a weather one and alot more
    you used quickinstall to download them....but did you also INSTALL them???
  11.    #11  
    yes but they just wont show up
    Quote Originally Posted by jman139 View Post
    yes but they just wont show up
    Then they aren't installed. The universal search feature will display them even if the icon is not visible on the launcher.

What version of WOSQI did you install on your computer? Make sure it is the latest version (3.12 I think) and make sure and read all the instructions.

Patches are tweaks to the user interface and systems on your pre. At this point you probably shouldn't worry about them.
  13.    #13  
    i downloaded them and installed them but stil no good
    i do have the latest version downloaded
    does the phone maybe need to be upgraded?
  14.    #14  
    i ment updated not upgraded
    well what version of webos are you running?
  16.    #16  
    on my phone its webOS 1.3.1
  17.    #17  
    on my phone its webOS 1.3.1
    Dude, a lot of people are trying to help you, but you are making people beg you for answers. You've got to do some things to help yourself.

First, click on Updates and see if any are available. There should be, but you haven't even told us the carrier you have. If there are updates, install them. Then come back and tell us in detail, if you still have problems.

Do you have the App Catalog on your phone? If so, you could download a free program and see if that shows up.

Oh, and have you plugged your phone into your computer and opened up the program (on your computer) WebOS Quick Install?
  19.    #19  
    i have done things, ive gone on youtube to try to find out if i stepped a skip or not, its for sprint. i dont wanna update it cuz i have some files i dont wanna erase and idk if it will erase them
    Well, you don't say what kind of files, but if they are on the USB portion of the Pre, then you can just copy them to your computer. An update should not erase any of your files and most are backed up to your Palm Profile.

I would plug your phone in to your computer and with USB mode, copy everything to your computer. Then I would do an update to 1.4.1. What about the App Catalog? Can you download and open a program from there?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast