1.    #1  
    What is an IPKG Error? I've got three patches that Preware says I should update, plus the update to the Luna Manager, but every time I try to update, I get an IPKG error.
    copy and paste the ipkg log over.
    when I upgraded the new preware I got that all the time. Try DL diffstat it helped me no more ipkg errors.. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    What is an IPKG Error? I've got three patches that Preware says I should update, plus the update to the Luna Manager, but every time I try to update, I get an IPKG error.
    For Luna Manager, uninstall it first, then reinstall the new version.
  5.    #5  
    Actually, when I went back in, I was able to update one of the patches, so we're down to two patches plus Luna Manager. I tried Luna Manager again, and it just hung during install.

Here's what I get when I try to remove the System Menu Initial Framework patch:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |index 3c55c3d..6f430e3 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    when I upgraded the new preware I got that all the time. Try DL diffstat it helped me no more ipkg errors.. Hope this helps
    Is that a patch?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    For Luna Manager, uninstall it first, then reinstall the new version.
    That took care of THAT problem. Thank you!
  8.    #8  
    Here's the error when I try to update "No Auto-Off While Charging"

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Is that a patch?
    it's a linux application and that's where it can be found ( linux application ) in preware.. It's diffstat goodluck
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    it's a linux application and that's where it can be found ( linux application ) in preware.. It's diffstat goodluck
    Okay ... well that didn't work. I found diffstat in Preware, but when I clicked on the name of the file, the "page" where I would install it wouldn't load, and then hung up to the point where I had to close Preware.

This isn't looking good.
  11.    #11  
    Found EPR ... ran EPR ... that seemed to fix it. The WebOS community absolutely rocks. You're not going to find these kinds of tools on iTunes!