Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    havin a google apps account isn't required, that's just my situation. you could have two gmail accounts and accompliah the same thing
    I think you are still missing my question? I am able to share both accounts' calendars, and I am able to see other people's shared calendars. However, I am not able to see both accounts' calendars shared calendars at the same time.

I don't see any way to let Google know that I own both accounts, other than just having one account with both emails in it, but that doesn't seem to help either.
  2.    #22  
    So, can someone verify that that can view their personal email account's calendar (and all of its shared calendars) and their business email account's calendar (and all of its shared calendars) all in one account, by using Google Apps or some other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    So, can someone verify that that can view their personal email account's calendar (and all of its shared calendars) and their business email account's calendar (and all of its shared calendars) all in one account, by using Google Apps or some other way?
    First post here, learned a lot so far, here's where I give back a bit.

The easy one to share is your calendars within one Google Apps Domain - in the "Share this calendar" tab, there's a check box that allows one to quickly share a calendar with everyone in the domain - you may have one set up for your family in a free Standards Apps account.

I can confirm one can view shared calendars (or delegates) from other accounts (Google and other formats) in one Google calendar. I have a few Google accounts - one Premier Apps and two Gmail accounts (both for Google Voice), and I use MobileMe/iCal. Sharing delegates takes a bit more work, the following applies to both main calendars and its delegates (I generally have a few in each account). Following is exactly the way I share specific main calendar and delegate calendars with others and between my accounts.

I'll go into a bit more detail of navigating around, but each calendar and delegate have flyout shortcuts to quickly access its settings. Please note that shared Google calendars won't update/refresh as quickly on your mobile device, sometimes up to 15-30 minutes later - I've never seen shared Google calendars refresh on mobile devices as quick as native calendars.

Here we go:
    In one account with calendar(s) to be shared, open Google Calendar, select "Settings", select the "Calendars" tab, and select the "Shared: Edit Settings" option for the desired calendar (select "Share this calendar" for the desired calendar if it isn't shared yet).

In the "Shared" options, first make each calendar either (A) Public (for the world to see) and "Save" or (B) Share with specific people; for the latter step, I enter in the email address(es) of the people I want to share a specific calendar with, then Save

I'll leave it to each of you, but I don't make my calendars public. Here's the critical step for me - navigate back to the specific calendar just shared, then select the "Calendar Details" tab and scroll down to the bottom of the tab - I use the iCal calendar format - and click on the "ICAL" icon in the "Calendar Address" section of this tab, then copy the URL in the dialog that pops up and select "OK" to dismiss the dialog; you'll want to keep that copied URL available.

Next, navigate to the Google Apps/Gmail account that you want to have the aggregated calendars, and click on the "Add" pulldown link in "Other Calendars", and choose "Add by URL", then paste the iCal URL into the dialog boxes text field, then select "Add Calendar".

This series of steps works for me, and takes only a couple of minutes for each calendar, and maintains a modicum of security.

I hope this helps.
  4.    #24  
    Bonesb,

Thanks for your response. While this allows me to view both calendars in one view, it doesn't allow me to view the shared calendars of each calendar in one view. I am only seeing the shared calendars of the calendar I am currently logged into.

What I have
    Account A = calendar A + 3rd party calendars A

Account B = Calendar B + 3rd party calendars B

What I want
    Account A = Calendar A + 3rd Party A + Account B Calendar B + 3rd Party B

When I am in Account A, I can view 3rd Party A and share Calendar B. When I am in Account B, I can view 3rd Party B and share Calendar A. However, I can't be in just one account and see all the calendars.
    Last edited by whitenack; 05/14/2010 at 03:50 PM.
    Forgive me, you're mixing metaphors - your original posts described "subscribed" calendars, your latest post describes "3rd party calendars" - what's a "3rd party calendar", specifically referring to Google's calendaring metaphor?

I followed my own instructions, and was able to share any of my three Google calendars in either of the remaining two accounts - and view them. With a setting change, I could also provision for editing and making sharing changes easily. I can view, share, and edit all of my calendars in all three of my accounts from my Google Apps account or either of my two Gmail Google Calendars, they're provisioned that way.

You didn't describe sharing calendars from subscribed external sources (like Chinese calendars or Lakers games) - you can't do that, and I wouldn't have wasted my time posting. For this, simply subscribe to those external links separately.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesb View Post
    Forgive me, you're mixing metaphors - your original posts described "subscribed" calendars, your latest post describes "3rd party calendars" - what's a "3rd party calendar", specifically referring to Google's calendaring metaphor?
    You are right, I was not clear. By "3rd Party" I meant other google calendars from other people. Other peoples' calendars that are shared with me. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by bonesb View Post
    I followed my own instructions, and was able to share any of my three Google calendars in either of the remaining two accounts - and view them. With a setting change, I could also provision for editing and making sharing changes easily. I can view, share, and edit all of my calendars in all three of my accounts from my Google Apps account or either of my two Gmail Google Calendars, they're provisioned that way.
    Yes, I know how to share MY OWN calendars, which is what your instructions spell out. What I want to do is share my calendars SHARED calendars.

Let me go back to my formula and try to make it clearer...
    What I have
    Account A = calendar A + Calendar A's shared calendars (other google users' calendars) + Account B Calendar B

or

Account B = Calendar B + Calendar B's shared calendars (other google users' calendars) + Account A Calendar A

What I want
    Account A = Calendar A + Calendar A's shared calendars + Account B Calendar B + Calendar B's shared calendars
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12