1.    #1  
    My Pre has been humming along lately. I've got 40 patches a theme I like and slew of amazing apps and tweeks thanks to the webOS internals crew, Canuck Software and the rest of the Homebrew community and Devs. My Pre is just plain Awesome!!!!

My only problem right now is my ringer volume keeps setting itself to zero, and I sometimes miss calls if I don't have my phone on my body. I keep turning it back up and the next thing I know it's on zero again.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    it's a design flaw with the Pre (imho). The volume rocker falls right at the split when the phone is in open position and it seems that's where I habd wants to hold the phone.

I also experience this quite often and niss quite a few calls because of it. It really started to happen after 1.3 but that might be in my head... ??

when the phone is answered, it seems the first press of the rocker (volune switch) will either make it all the way up or down. (in speaker phone mode??) the sound level flashes, and is always empty (like the volume is down) and by habit I push volume up and the whole thing lights up quickly as if the volume was always up.... I've given up try to stop it and I just keep pressing vilume up, in turns eventually broke my rocker causing me to get a new Pre. (3 times)

help! Is a patch causing this?
    do you have the no alert during calls patch installed?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    do you have the no alert during calls patch installed?
    Yes I do, and it's not working either lol. Is that the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yes I do, and it's not working either lol. Is that the problem?
    I think there is an issue with that patch causing the exact problem you describe....check the thread for that patch....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I think there is an issue with that patch causing the exact problem you describe....check the thread for that patch....
    Thanks I'll check it out. I was planning to remove it anyway since it's not working.

Man. That is the last patch in the world I would've thought to be causing that. I'm going to remove and hope this solves it. This has been driving me crazy. Almost to a point where I switched phones with my wife... (she has a Sprint Hero) She was having the volume problem, so I figured it was just a design flaw, not software (I try to never blame WebOS, my wife said its denial). My experience with the Hero is another matter, lets just say, I almost gave the Hero my own design flaw with a drop kick, but thats another thread...

I will remove this patch and hope, that I can still proudly say to my wife....

nahhhnahhhneenahhhnahhh, Droid did, but, HTC didn't!!

(the storyline there is we make fun of our complications on smartphones to each other, and the volume bug has been her high horse lately, and mine is 2.2 Android is coming out and she still on some old stuff on Sprint's Hero).... :-)

thank you (assuming this solves it!)
    the patch essentially turned volume off during a call then turned it back on i think, so when it broke it stopped turning it back up.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    the patch essentially turned volume off during a call then turned it back on i think, so when it broke it stopped turning it back up.....
    That's absolutley right, I removed it and it seems to be working correctly now. Thanks again!

Removed patch.
    Volume drain fixed.

thank you again... They should remove the patch from Preware.

this is why they need a comments section or a comments app... Hmmm.. Just got an idea for Preware devs... (internals)

we need an app that list all homebrew apps/patches with a comments/write up/review/bugreport. Easier to report with Pre while on the go... Eh?