1.    #1  
    my pre's screen just started flickering and won't stay on when in the phone app. comes on/off and i can't keep it on to end a call even. any ideas???
    do you have a screen protector on? may be blocking the proximity sensor.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    govnah and uber kernal installed? if so that may be causing some flickering...check the prefrences and turn off the update launcher icon
    This happens to me too when my screen gets a bunch of finger prints and/or oily. Give it a good cleaning and if it still happens your proximity sensor is probably bad.
  5.    #5  
    i love this forum - i just took off the screen protector and it worked perfectly - at least for the first test call. i've had a screen protector on for months with no issue. maybe that's the problem - too old!
    thanks - i'll monitor it.
    I had this problem too. As you discovered, it's the screen protector. I had the same screen protector on four Pres (four in our family), and it only affected my phone. One solution is to not use a screen protector. A better solution is to make a hole in a new screen protector with a hole punch to the right (as you're looking at the screen) of the ear hole (whatever it's called). I did that it works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i love this forum - i just took off the screen protector and it worked perfectly - at least for the first test call. i've had a screen protector on for months with no issue. maybe that's the problem - too old!
    thanks - i'll monitor it.
    don't forget the thanks button

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  8.    #8  
    in my excitement i forgot! i just added my gratefulness!

been testing the phone since then - no problems. i can't believe that was all it was = i was soooo worried, esp because i recently noticed a slight crack in the screen!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    in my excitement i forgot! i just added my gratefulness!

been testing the phone since then - no problems. i can't believe that was all it was = i was soooo worried, esp because i recently noticed a slight crack in the screen!
    oh, no! I just replaced mine because the screen cracked. I have a screen protector, but have never had an issue. My dad's phone did this though.