1.    #1  
    So this has been happening for quite some time and I have yet to figure anything out.

No patches, no preware...stock phone although I do have Mobile Hotspot installed via quickinstall and the phone is in dev mode still.

Each night I put the phone to vibrate only, get up and flip the switch back. Wife typically calls me around 8 AM and the phone doesn't ring but does light up and I can answer the phone by swiping up if I am paying enough attention to see the screen.

After that call, the phone will ring as normal. And it is only the phone ringer that is affected, any emails or texts ring as normal. I typically have 3 apps open, email, contacts, text.

Any thoughts? The phone was doctored a month or so ago and had no change on this.
    Your Pre needs coffee. (Don't we all?)
    I have almost 30 patches and UberKernel installed and my Pre often doesnt accept calls.
    There is absolutly nothinhg on the screen of Pre while caller gets normal sound as if it was ringing?
    Somethimes this problem prolongs for few hours and people start to bug me : Why dont you answer...?
    I think some patch is couse of promlem. What do you think?
  4.    #4  
    Well thanks for jacking my thread gods_servant...as I have listed I don't have any patches so a patch isn't my problem.
    Does it only happen when the wife calls? I have noticed this problem from time to time. Not only the first call of the day, though.

Sign me up for being told what the deal is.

I also have no patches.

peace.
  6.    #6  
    Nope, happens to whoever the first call is. Typically it is my wife, but not always. To add to, if I don't see the slide to answer screen and miss the call, I do get a missed call notification that DOES produce a sound.
  7.    #7  
    just got down chatting with Palm Rep Sabino and he thinks it is a network issue. I have my doubts since I this happens a different times of the day and at different locations. But I guess I will go to a sprint store and have them tell me they need to do a reset on the phone since that is there answer for almost all problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by makersforme View Post
    just got down chatting with Palm Rep Sabino and he thinks it is a network issue. I have my doubts since I this happens a different times of the day and at different locations. But I guess I will go to a sprint store and have them tell me they need to do a reset on the phone since that is there answer for almost all problems.
    I have the same problem with my Sprint Reps - AS IF I HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE! Reset the phone? What a novel idea!

I don't have necessarily the FIRST call of the day not logging in, but sporadic calls. I always get the voicemail notification, though. Hope yours gets cleared up (and mine)
    I have patches but have the same prob. I believe the bacground process for the phone is closing for some unknown reason. Try to open the phone app and close it before she calls see if that helps. Occasionally I'll open the phone app and it hangs before telling I have several voicemails with no missed calls
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    I have patches but have the same prob. I believe the bacground process for the phone is closing for some unknown reason. Try to open the phone app and close it before she calls see if that helps. Occasionally I'll open the phone app and it hangs before telling I have several voicemails with no missed calls
    I will do that tomorrow morning...nice thing about troubleshooting this you only get once chance a day...
  11.    #11  
    Ok, so first thing this am, I opened the phone app and closed it. The first call came through with no problem. So this has got to be a webos problem and not a sprint network issue.
    This sounds like a problem Rod Whitby has been troubleshooting -- not Preware-related, but being discussed here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2449615