1.    #1  
    Hi - new (happy) pre user here - In order to save the battery each day, I often turn the data/3g off when I don't need it. Is there a quick way to do this, with, say, a shortcut key? Thanks for any info.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    You can use Mode Switcher and define when you want data disabled, amongst many, many, other things. It's an awesome app, give it a whirl.
    there is also a patch to put data in the device menu just like wifi
    If you've only had the Pre for a couple days I would suggest going about a week or two and then try leaving the 3g on.

I noticed major drain the first little while on my battery, which quickly tapered off, but now I can barely tell the difference between 3g enabled and disabled (as long as the emails are polled in 10 minutes increments or more), unless I am actively using the internet and 3g services.
    You might also try Quick System Tasks - BETA. It provides a lot of different toggles that you can activate from a notification dashboard. Darn useful.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, all! I will try these suggestions. Truly appreciate the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    If you've only had the Pre for a couple days I would suggest going about a week or two and then try leaving the 3g on.

I noticed major drain the first little while on my battery, which quickly tapered off, but now I can barely tell the difference between 3g enabled and disabled (as long as the emails are polled in 10 minutes increments or more), unless I am actively using the internet and 3g services.
    TRue but turning off data and WiFi when not in use increases battery life from hours to days.