Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    my ringer, notifications and text messages seem to be inconsistant on the sounds they make. They dont change every time i set them and Sometimes my phone just doesnt make any noise at all.

    seem to start with the new update. any one have an idea?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt-in-it View Post
    my ringer, notifications and text messages seem to be inconsistant on the sounds they make. They dont change every time i set them and Sometimes my phone just doesnt make any noise at all.

    seem to start with the new update. any one have an idea?
    Do you mean the SMS Tone per contact v2 update?

    If so, a similar thing happened to me. I removed it and went back to the older patch. They were done by different developers.
  3.    #3  
    well that may be an issue.

    my phone updated with out me knowing and had lots of patches were installed.

    I was able to get everthing updated except that one. I am currently unable to remove it or install a new one, so that may be part of it.

    How can I get this off to see it that helps?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt-in-it View Post
    well that may be an issue.

    my phone updated with out me knowing and had lots of patches were installed.

    I was able to get everthing updated except that one. I am currently unable to remove it or install a new one, so that may be part of it.

    How can I get this off to see it that helps?
    If you have tried to remove it using either Preware or WOSQI and it has failed with both then I don't have an answer.

    I would back up your stuff using Save/Restore and then Doctor your phone. You will have a clean pre and can start fresh.
  5. #5  
    keep in mind that the volume setting on the Pre is universal. SO, if you turn down the speaker volume on a call, you just turned down the ringer volume for the next call, and the alarm volume next time it goes off.

    Strange but true. I've missed calls because I had the headset on and turned the volume way down, so I didn't hear the ringer because I didn't remember to turn the volume back up...
  6.    #6  
    I have only tried it through preware, ill try WOSQI and see if that works, hope I dont have to start over! thanks for the input
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    keep in mind that the volume setting on the Pre is universal. SO, if you turn down the speaker volume on a call, you just turned down the ringer volume for the next call, and the alarm volume next time it goes off.

    Strange but true. I've missed calls because I had the headset on and turned the volume way down, so I didn't hear the ringer because I didn't remember to turn the volume back up...

    I have done that a few times but unfortunately thats not the issue this time.
  8. #8  
    I get that a lot as well... my phone will light up when I get an email, or SMS but never make a sound... then other times it will chime no problem.

    I don't have any patches that involve alert tones on my Pre

Posting Permissions