1.    #1  
    not over sprint of course, but over wifi only? Just wondering
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Turn on Airplane Mode before deactivating it. If it's too late for that, check out Meta Doctor to bypass the activation screen.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wanted to report back that 2sslow's link to the Palm Developer Center was perfect for me. If you are comfortable using WebOSUI or Preware, you should have no problem following the instructions.

You do have to manually log-in your userids and passwords for calendar and such, but they synced no problem for me after that over my WiFi.

Toss in the WebOSInternals Preware Save-Restore functionality, and you can add back your tweaks and patches very eaisly, and end up with a second device running many similar functions. It won't update itself with future WebOS releases, but that's a small price to pay.
    I just wanted to add that with Meta Doctor you can still have a fully functioning Pre (except phone calls, or course).

With Meta Doctor, you can bypass the First Use app to get into the phone. You can then run that app with wifi on to log into a Palm Profile. Everything works except the Phone app and carrier-specific apps (Sprint TV, etc).

I've had no cell service for about seven months now. I've still been buying apps and using the Update ap to update to the latest version of WebOS. I've had to Doctor a couple times, but still haven't had a single problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I just wanted to add that with Meta Doctor you can still have a fully functioning Pre (except phone calls, or course).
    Yes, but I have sheepishly admit that the Meta Docter instructions seemed much more daunting to me, as a non-Dev. Maybe it was easy, but the Linux command line stuff requires more comfort than I possess ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhkeller View Post
    Yes, but I have sheepishly admit that the Meta Docter instructions seemed much more daunting to me, as a non-Dev. Maybe it was easy, but the Linux command line stuff requires more comfort than I possess ;-)
    thats the beauty of being able to doctor your phone (webosdoctor, that is). i was nervous diving into the unknown (linux) but i followed the instructions EXACTLY and it worked. im now learning (slowly) how to use linux. wouldn't have touched it had it not been for the meta-doctor.
    i figured it out worked perfect thanks alot for this .....turns out the file saved as zip not jar .....changed it and it worked just fine