Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

In preparation for ATT release of the Pre Plus, I have the following accessories ready/on the way:

1. 2 Touchstone (soon to be 3 since ATT is giving a free one) - Radioshack bargain
    2. Palm OEM car charger (Radioshack bargain)
    3. Palm OEM case (Radioshack bargain)
    4. Mugen 1400mAh battery (on the way)
    5. Palm OEM wall charger (on the way)
    6. Seidio Multi-Function battery charger (on the way)
    7. Skinomi (I order both the front and back protection. Can I still protect the back if I want to use the Touchstone with it?) - on the way.

Now your turn!
    that's perfect, and a out what I have on my vz pre+.
    i'd add a siedio 2600 battery.

you will play with your pre constantly and beat the daylights out of your battery. I strongly recommend a serious extended battery.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's perfect, and a out what I have on my vz pre+.
    i'd add a siedio 2600 battery.

you will play with your pre constantly and beat the daylights out of your battery. I strongly recommend a serious extended battery.
    I know it'll be 'get to know the WebOS' party this weekend. But I'm not sure if I want to deal with the huge bulge of the 2600mAh battery though. I figured I'll get over the urge to play with it constantly after about 2-3 weeks and hope the 1400mAh battery will do just nicely for regular use.
    I find the big battery makes it easier to type, and it sounds better.

the alternatice is get another 1400 so the extra is always on the charger.

at full tilt and constany pounding, you won't get more that 5 hours of battery.

that reminds me reed the thread on battery savin tips. Also get the temp alarm cuz tpuchstone can get hot!
    I was close to buying the touchstone but decided to wait it out, even though there was the radioshack sale. guess it was a good thing, then. free touchstone
    got the last touchstone at my local shack, waiting on the case to see if I will need the extended battery or not
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Hi guys,

In preparation for ATT release of the Pre Plus, I have the following accessories ready/on the way:

1. 2 Touchstone (soon to be 3 since ATT is giving a free one) - Radioshack bargain
    3. Palm OEM case (Radioshack bargain)
    4. Mugen 1400mAh battery (on the way)
    5. Palm OEM wall charger (on the way)
    6. Seidio Multi-Function battery charger (on the way)
    7. Skinomi (I order both the front and back protection. Can I still protect the back if I want to use the Touchstone with it?) - on the way.

Now your turn!
    Sooby it looks as though you will be pretty well set. Since the Pre Plus doesn't do voice dialing, you might also want to invest in a "smart" bluetooth headset that can handle voice dialing on its own if you don't already have one. I recently bought one of the Blueant products and am quite satisfied with it.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Sooby it looks as though you will be pretty well set. Since the Pre Plus doesn't do voice dialing, you might also want to invest in a "smart" bluetooth headset that can handle voice dialing on its own if you don't already have one. I recently bought one of the Blueant products and am quite satisfied with it.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into it.
    I have the following accessories ready/on the way:
    1. 1 Touchstone - Radioshack bargain
    Plan on getting a getting the 1400mAh battery and case
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    In preparation for mine, I have:

1. 2 Touchstone (soon to be 3 since ATT is giving a free one) - Radioshack bargain (like sooby77)
    3. Seidio innocase surface and holster (on way)

Seriously contemplating an extended battery or at least a spare
    I'm keeping it light: Picked up the touchstone kit (I know I don't need the battery cover, but it was the same price as just the touchstone!) (Radioshack)...also picked up the car charger from the shack...

I'm holding off on other stuff to see what I'll need...with a charger for the car, for work, and for home, I'm not sure I'll need a battery, but we'll see...
    touchstone will work fine through skinomi, fyi.

don't ever buy another stoc battery. The 1400 is cheaper and hihger capacity.

get an external charger, for sure.
    blutooth: I sync to my gamin for dialing and calls though stereo. Wish my gps did voice dialing. May have to upgrade my garmin again...
    With the touchstone, you won't really need the extended battery. With the standard battery, the Pre is so sleek it fits beautifully in my shirt pocket. I like to keep it there for quick access to the ringer switch, which I use often. The sleeping bag adds just the right amount of friction to keep it from falling out of my pocket.
    @jlylee
    do you use your touchstone when you aren't nead a power source? Wow.

not to mention it gets way hot if you try to use it while on the touchstone...

definitely still needs at least the 1400 attery.
    2 Touchstones from Rat Shack at the discounted rate
    1 Palm OEM charger (to use with the second touchstone)

Now that ATT is throwing in a touchstone with the Pre+ I'll be returning one of the touchstones to ATT.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewakaMJ View Post
    I'm keeping it light: Picked up the touchstone kit (I know I don't need the battery cover, but it was the same price as just the touchstone!) (Radioshack)...also picked up the car charger from the shack...

I'm holding off on other stuff to see what I'll need...with a charger for the car, for work, and for home, I'm not sure I'll need a battery, but we'll see...

Does the kit comes with the charger source? Mine is just the Touchstone without the charger. That's why I bough a couple of chargers to plug the Touchstones in.
    1 touchstone from radio shack
    1 extra battery from amazon
    I ended up getting 4 touchstones from the Radioshack deal (tip, ends Sat May 15th I heard). 1 for my mother with the Pixi+ back. But, unfortunately she has a rather thick protective case on it, which didn't fit with the touchstone back, so I'm going to return the back and probably 1 of the touchstones, maybe 2 since I'll be getting one from AT&T. On the other hand, maybe I'll find a use for it somewhere.

Lets see, one by my home desktop, one at work, one for the car that I'll eventually do. Hmmm...any other suggestions with those extra 2 touchstones? Maybe sell them off to people who miss the Radioshack deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt321 View Post
    I ended up getting 4 touchstones from the Radioshack deal (tip, ends Sat May 15th I heard). 1 for my mother with the Pixi+ back. But, unfortunately she has a rather thick protective case on it, which didn't fit with the touchstone back, so I'm going to return the back and probably 1 of the touchstones, maybe 2 since I'll be getting one from AT&T. On the other hand, maybe I'll find a use for it somewhere.

Lets see, one by my home desktop, one at work, one for the car that I'll eventually do. Hmmm...any other suggestions with those extra 2 touchstones? Maybe sell them off to people who miss the Radioshack deal
    I'll bet there are folks on this forum that want them but can't find inventory in their town. I know I would if I hadn't just bought 4 myself...

And if you can't peddle them here, you should be able to make a profit on ebay... Or just stand outside an at&t store on Sunday. Once people use the TS included with their phone, they will be coming back for more...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast