Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are you gonna do now? Are you like the lovely lady on Let's Make a Deal who's THRILLED with her new washer and dryer and not going for the "Big Trade In?" Or are you waiting with baited breath for the next HP/Palm offering? As for me, I had a Pixi for one week, returned it yesterday.

I LOVED form factor of the Pixi. The keyboard was GREAT. Loved the feel of phone, especially the rubber back. Loved the way the whole back came off to remove the battery. I thought I would HATE cards, webos, but LOVED it! It had me at hello!

Alas, the web-browser just didn't work for me. I have pretty bad eyesight, and I found myself having to pinch out so much that I had to scroll left/right AND up/down, and could never get the page to be easily readable. I don't know why the web browser couldn't render a "fit in window" type page that the Centro does. I inquired on Pixi page if there was another browser but didn't get any responses, except to say that nobody else had that problem.

Anyway, I went back to my Centro and I'm hoping that Palm will come out with a Pre2 that's a better hardware build, friendlier keyboard, but same size screen so that maybe the web browsing experience will be better for me.

Gosh, I miss swiping and gesturing!
    John 3:16
    Funny...wasnt the Pixi's screen bigger than the Centro's? Is it just that feature you missed? Why not try the Pre, with its bigger screen?
    I've had the Palm Pre since July and plan on sticking to it until the next flagship WebOS device. No question about it.
    love web surfing with my pre,,,fast and easy
    I'm waiting to see what Palm comes up with next.
    I'm sticking with my beloved PRE until a new webOS device comes out. I can not imagine going to anything else ever again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Funny...wasnt the Pixi's screen bigger than the Centro's? Is it just that feature you missed? Why not try the Pre, with its bigger screen?
    Yes, by almost an inch! (or so it seemed) I see what the Centro does is render a different layout of the page than webos browser. I think too that somewhere along my Centro setup, I chose a larger font for the web browser, but not too sure about that. I wish the webos browser could do what the webos docs view for email attachments did (at least it did for Word attachments). I would pinch out to make the text readable, and then it would fit that zoom size in the window so that no part of a line of text was off the screen. So I know webos was capable of fitting a page into a window, no matter how large the zoom. Someone told me to double tap and the zoom would fit in the window, which it did, but the font was still too small.

I tried the Pre in the store and didn't like the keyboard at all. I'm kind of hard on phones and I could see myself breaking that slider. I'm hoping the next device will have a more sturdy build.
    John 3:16
    I am sticking with Pre in hopes of another Palm release, I have never been as happy about a phone than I have been with Pre.
    I love my Pre and WebOS alot, but at the same time, I want to try out the EVO. I will most likely upgrade to the Evo, and if I don't like it sell it make some cash and keep my Pre.
    Has anyone else noticed that Sprint like to release their best phone a year apart Coincidence? Or just to try and stop Apple? haha.
    I'm just waiting for sprint to get something good in tired of webos and it's short comings and crapolog
    I love my Pre (day oner) and I am a huge advocate of the Pre and Web OS. I would love to get a new phone but palm has not come out with a new Pre yet. That being said, I'm like a heroin addict and I need a fix about every year. Sooo, I guess I'll wait for a new Palm and I'm sure I'll be ****ed every month I have to wait. They really need to push out a new phone soooooooon!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    My June Pre is still going strong, why would I switch to an inferior OS, I don't mind waiting for the next Palm.
    I agree, I am not going to like switching to the inferior OS but I live in a 4g area and I am like twizardt, I also am a heroin addict for phones...When Palm does come out with a new phone I will most likely sell the Evo on Ebay and buy the new Palm phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    Yes, by almost an inch! (or so it seemed) I see what the Centro does is render a different layout of the page than webos browser. I think too that somewhere along my Centro setup, I chose a larger font for the web browser, but not too sure about that. I wish the webos browser could do what the webos docs view for email attachments did (at least it did for Word attachments). I would pinch out to make the text readable, and then it would fit that zoom size in the window so that no part of a line of text was off the screen. So I know webos was capable of fitting a page into a window, no matter how large the zoom. Someone told me to double tap and the zoom would fit in the window, which it did, but the font was still too small.

I tried the Pre in the store and didn't like the keyboard at all. I'm kind of hard on phones and I could see myself breaking that slider. I'm hoping the next device will have a more sturdy build.
    I understand. The browser on webOS is not going to revert to the chopped-and-tiled view of the old PalmOS browser. It gives you the whole website at once. But since it is based on webkit, I wonder if a patch exists that can up the fonts for you. Its worth trying out.

Oh...as for me and my family...we will remain with Palm!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Did you know you can double tap text and the screen will auto zoom to fit the paragraph width inside the window? A key feature I use everyday in the web browser. It also sounds like you may just need reading glasses. :-p

Glad you enjoyed the Pixi though. I hope the next device is sturdier too. I can't stand the Android based on my short experience in the Sprint store. I picked up the Pre and started doing everything right away so it was a no brainer (Hero vs. Pre). I'm waiting for the next device. If Palm fails to deliver on the next device I'll probably consider Windows 7 mobile devices as an alternative.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I've had the Palm Pre since July and plan on sticking to it until the next flagship WebOS device. No question about it.
    Thus except I got mine on launch day
    android has nothing on webOS so webOS all the way and ill wait
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Im sticking w/ WebOs.

I tried to use my buddies Iphone and I felt like an ***** trying to swipe back and toss cards away.

I hope Palm doesnt get shut down ever because I really have to have a phone and I cant use anything else. lol

Ps. Im stocking upon used Pres so incase Palm goes bellyup at least Im set for a while. J/K
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Sticking with Pre until next webOS device. End topic.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I might be moving to Android, never to Iphone.
    The Pre user interface is good, but Android with sense is not that bad.

I'm probably going to miss the cards + gestures + synergy, but definitely not the 2 min. boot time, having to overclock to get decent speed, carrying around spare battery, lack of quality "waste-time" apps, "Too Many Cards", restarts to play a game, wild battery drains due to god knows what, small screen, battery not charging (this is the worst, FML), and finally, having to hack to get what I want.

Well, unless Palm decides to show us a product LAST-MINUTE, and it rivals HTC Evo.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast