Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Every think of trying glasses? Don't be so vain.
    Dare I ask the obvious? You have rotated the Pre to landscape haven't you? Works great for me, and I wear glasses.
    I definitely want a bigger screen, but I also want more options to compare it to.

No rush for Evo. I might get it this year, but I want to see what Sprint will have to offer from HP/Palm and Windows Phone 7. Only way I am switching before then is if my current Pre ceases to function or develops a heinous crack or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I'm not aware of there being any patches that run on the Pre but not the Pixi, so I'd wager that the same is going to be true for the new device. Only some patches might have been made obsolete by webOS evolution by the time the next device comes out.
    Kernall replacements are Pre specific. They really aren't just "patches", but many think of them that way.
    I won't lie, I'm considering jumping ship to the EVO on June 6. I've enjoyed my Pre, but I've never really had a phone longer than a year... besides, a year from now HOPEFULLY Palm/HP will have something new to try.....
    Quote Originally Posted by twizardt View Post
    I love my Pre (day oner) and I am a huge advocate of the Pre and Web OS. I would love to get a new phone but palm has not come out with a new Pre yet. That being said, I'm like a heroin addict and I need a fix about every year. Sooo, I guess I'll wait for a new Palm and I'm sure I'll be ****ed every month I have to wait. They really need to push out a new phone soooooooon!
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I might be moving to Android, never to Iphone.
    The Pre user interface is good, but Android with sense is not that bad.

I'm probably going to miss the cards + gestures + synergy, but definitely not the 2 min. boot time, having to overclock to get decent speed, carrying around spare battery, lack of quality "waste-time" apps, "Too Many Cards", restarts to play a game, wild battery drains due to god knows what, small screen, battery not charging (this is the worst, FML), and finally, having to hack to get what I want.

Well, unless Palm decides to show us a product LAST-MINUTE, and it rivals HTC Evo.
    Agree totally and starting to believe the majority will not catch on to WebOs and the turnaround is completely impossible.

You forgot:

Shotty VK
    Shotty Potrait/Landscape switch
    Poor camera
    Overheat
    Hardware-Power Button/USB flap
    Slow on getting everything-Flash, Apps
    Loss of NFL network
    Constant issues when updates come out
    Restarts
    Shotty speaker
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    after months of being in a serious love hate relationship .. and then losing my PRE .. I switched (sprint let me have the upgrade 5 weeks early ) however I hated my new phone and quickly came back to my PRE!

The samsung moment was nice (and more quirky than me pre!!) but I missed webOS!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I plan on sticking with the Pre for a bit more, hopefully some future WebOS device will be announced to tide me over. If nothing shows up in the pipeline within 3 or so months, I'll probably jump to an Evo. I'm really getting tired of the random luna restarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    Agree totally and starting to believe the majority will not catch on to WebOs and the turnaround is completely impossible.

You forgot:

Shotty VK
    Shotty Potrait/Landscape switch
    Poor camera
    Overheat
    Loss of NFL network
    Constant issues when updates come out
    Restarts
    Shotty speaker
    Out of your list, here's the ones that have nothing to do with WebOS:
    Poor Camera
    Overheat
    Loss of NFL network
    Shotty (sic) speaker

Sounds like you found the wrong thread - the general complaints thread is here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...omplaints.html
    Palm user since June.(Launch Day) ..and I'm with the majority here...staying with my Pre until HP and Palm drop new hardware on us
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    Every think of trying glasses? Don't be so vain.
    I'm the O/P whom I guess you were addressing this to. Why do you assume that a physical disability/challenge has anything at all to do with vanity?

I DO wear glasses, I get them changed regulary, and I have an eye condition which corrective lenses only serve as a partial remedy, much like the way a hearing aid may not fully correct a hearing problem.
    John 3:16
    Sounds like your'e a pretentious ahole.
    That would be "you're" not "your'e" since we seem to be on a spelling kick.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Sounds like you need a Hurricane, so you can read the type.
    I hate to admit it, but the new HTC device using Droid 2.1 EVO 4G coming out June 4th has caught my eye. I may defect. Sorry.
    Sounds like your'e a pretentious ahole.
    Let's see if I understand. Someone started a thread asking about those that were launch day adopters, if they were changing. You crapped on the thread with another silly "Why I don't like WebOS" post which had very little to do with WebOS, and I'm pretentious? No doubt I'm an ahole, but what in pointing out your error makes me "pretentious"? Seriously. Go whine somewhere else...
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    going to try EVO for atleast 30 days...if I like it, I'll keep it until new palm phone comes out and sell my EVO.
    I plan on selling my PRE for $200 with 2 touchstones included!
    im going to the EVO!!!!
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Sticking with my Pre until either 1) my contract runs out, or 2) Bell offers a Pre upgrade. Will definitely go for a new generation WebOS device over anything else.
    I'm going to at least give the EVO a look. With discounts, rebates, and trading in the Pre, I can get an EVO for around $60 in the end out of pocket. Use the 30 days to figure it out, and if I don't like it, I can just go back to the Pre. If I do like it and Palm releases a new WebOS device within a few months, I'm sure I'll be able to recoup most of the costs selling the EVO.

If the EVO had a hardware keyboard, it would be pretty close to being a slam dunk. The 4G tethering vs. paying $50 for 4G internet is well worth it. It will take a while to unlearn gestures and cards, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I love WebOS, but it's time for a bigger screen amongst the other software limitations of the Pre.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast