Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    What are you gonna do now? Are you like the lovely lady on Let's Make a Deal who's THRILLED with her new washer and dryer and not going for the "Big Trade In?" Or are you waiting with baited breath for the next HP/Palm offering? As for me, I had a Pixi for one week, returned it yesterday.

I LOVED form factor of the Pixi. The keyboard was GREAT. Loved the feel of phone, especially the rubber back. Loved the way the whole back came off to remove the battery. I thought I would HATE cards, webos, but LOVED it! It had me at hello!

Alas, the web-browser just didn't work for me. I have pretty bad eyesight, and I found myself having to pinch out so much that I had to scroll left/right AND up/down, and could never get the page to be easily readable. I don't know why the web browser couldn't render a "fit in window" type page that the Centro does. I inquired on Pixi page if there was another browser but didn't get any responses, except to say that nobody else had that problem.

Anyway, I went back to my Centro and I'm hoping that Palm will come out with a Pre2 that's a better hardware build, friendlier keyboard, but same size screen so that maybe the web browsing experience will be better for me.

Gosh, I miss swiping and gesturing!
    Finally, someone with the same complaints about the browser size as me. This is huge to me, as I spend far too much time scrolling side to side after enlarging the text beyond the margin of the screen. And yes, I do wear reading glasses.

I think I'm going to try the EVO for the allotted 30 days and see how I like it. I'll feel like I'm cheating on my wife, but...damn that EVO looks nice! The one thing that can stop me from doing that is if Palm announces a new device just before the EVO launch day. Maybe give us a month or two before the new device comes out. Anything to help us to see something new is coming. Then I'll wait to see how that pans out before changing phones.
    Waiting for the next gen WebOS phone, or something that blows away WebOS. I suspect I'll be getting the former, not the latter.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LAhanger View Post
    Finally, someone with the same complaints about the browser size as me. This is huge to me, as I spend far too much time scrolling side to side after enlarging the text beyond the margin of the screen. And yes, I do wear reading glasses.

I think I'm going to try the EVO for the allotted 30 days and see how I like it. I'll feel like I'm cheating on my wife, but...damn that EVO looks nice! The one thing that can stop me from doing that is if Palm announces a new device just before the EVO launch day. Maybe give us a month or two before the new device comes out. Anything to help us to see something new is coming. Then I'll wait to see how that pans out before changing phones.
    Yeah, I can't stand how I have to scroll around the browser to see what I want.

Otherwise, the browser is excellent.
    I am sticking with my Pre until Palm releases it's successor.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Launch minute owner...I'll wait for next WebOS 4G device!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

sticking with my pre and pixi till the next webos device is out. Tried andriod, rather have windows6.5 than that lol well at least htc sense is nice though, but then good luck with updates.
    i'll stick with webos and am already for my new tablet, can't wait, my tx is just too big but gestures don't work on it lol
    gunna sell my lenovo netbook cuz I want gestures! I can't wait till it hits desktops.
    best os ever.
    I got a near launch day bell pre, and we don't get hardware upgrades for another year (2 years minimum beforehand )

I am stoked that by then a new Palm device should be out by then, and the Pre is perfect for me now
    I'd say I have a launch day pre (since I was 9th in line on day one), but unfortunately 3 replacement Pres later, I'm still having hardware issues. I replaced 2 Pres in the first few weeks and another just today. Fortunately they were really good about replacing my Pre since its under warranty but they gave me a refurb which still has oreo/twist issues. Overall its much better than my previous phones though and has a more solid keyboard, GPS that actually works and a headset port that's not all jacked up.

As for the decision about whether I'm going to switch or not... dunno yet. I'm still hoping Palm announces a phone that just shocks the heck out of everyone, but sadly its mid-May and we haven't heard a peep about it. For now I'll probably just live with my Pre (hardware issues and all) and wait until San Diego gets 4G and/or a new Palm phone gets announced.
    Love my launch day Pre... my first smartphone. I'm keeping it till it dies... unless there is some monumental shift in smartphone technology other than faster processors and more memory and faster data.
    Got the Pre on launch day, however, I've had multiple issues and am on my fourth or so refurb... Love this OS... For this, I'm holding out - at least for a little longer.
    However, when the time comes, will it have been worth our wait?
    wait and see what palm has to offer for Pre 2 before end of the year.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    will have more then one upgrade available to me so will try the evo, and will most likely sell it and stay with my pre.

no real keyboard right?
    yeah, evo has no physical keyboard.
    How fast will the new phone be able to get homebrew things like preware? I am waiting for the next palm/webos phone but I was wondering the other day how fast I should switch once it does arrive.
    I'm sticking with WebOS at least until I see the new HP/Palm devices.
    WebOS F-T-W!!!!!!
    I was just thinking about this topic this morning, thinking that it's been almost a year since i got the Pre already! I will not upgrade to anything else, and like most others, I am just waiting for another WEBOS device hopefully a little more sturdy.

I am not going anywhere. The Pre is best smart phone of all time, also space.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I'm sticking with my Pre also, unless they come out with a different WebOS device. I really love WebOS!!!
    I'm goin nowhere I still love my launch day Pre and I'm sticking with it until there's a new Palm device out. I don't care if I have to keep it another 6 months to a year. Yes, I love the Pre that much LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    How fast will the new phone be able to get homebrew things like preware?
    Instantaneously, or very nearly so. Preware isn't Pre-specific despite its name, it's merely webOS-specific and the next device will run the same OS as the Pre. By the time the new device is released, all three - Pixi, Pre, New Name - are going to run on the same webOS version, although I wouldn't be surprised to see OS updates take a week or two to reach parity among the entire userbase, just like it is with international carriers now. So if the new phone gets an OS update on, say, January 1, the Pre and Pixi might only get it a week later. But not even this might happen seeing as I'm unaware of Pixi getting updates later than Pre.
    I'm not aware of there being any patches that run on the Pre but not the Pixi, so I'd wager that the same is going to be true for the new device. Only some patches might have been made obsolete by webOS evolution by the time the next device comes out.

By the way, was I hallucinating that or was there a screenshot floating around of an inventory screen showing a Palm device acronymed to PPRIM? "Palm Prime"?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast