1.    #1  
    When I go to turn my phone on to drag up the little unlock icon, the screen sometimes appears very dim but will go to fully bright with a light tap to the back of the phone. Or. if I turn the screen off and then turn it back on when the dim screen appears, it will be at regular brightness. Should I be concerned? What do you think is the issue? I have the insurance so if it is a hardware issue, I should be able to get a replacement. Any thoughts?
    There's nothing wrong with it.
    It's a combination of the brightness setting you have and the "incoming light" sensor adjusting to your surroundings.
    Did ya try a luna reset of the device or a full device reset?

Also do you have any patches installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it.
    It's a combination of the brightness setting you have and the "incoming light" sensor adjusting to your surroundings.
    Or it could be that!!! LoL
    we have an incoming light sensor? Mine never changes brightness by itself hmmm.. THe gf messes with me about this cause her iphone dims itself..
    Quote Originally Posted by ram03reg View Post
    we have an incoming light sensor? Mine never changes brightness by itself hmmm.. THe gf messes with me about this cause her iphone dims itself..
    Yep.
    Take it outside in the sun, then sit in a car or house or restaurant or store or hotel room and u'll notice if you watch the screen closely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    Or it could be that!!! LoL

(Sometimes we all overthink things, lol.)

(Sometimes we all overthink things, lol.)
    So trur my friend, so true!
    Yep.
    Take it outside in the sun, then sit in a car or house or restaurant or store or hotel room and u'll notice if you watch the screen closely.
    Ok just tried it..i can tell a little bit but not much. Iphone is better in this department imo...When im in bed the phone lights the whole damn room up, unless i manually turn the brightness down, same thing in the movie theaters
  10.    #10  
    it just started to happen recently. Luna restarts all the time to update new patches. I'm not convinced that it's a sensor. It never did it before. Plus the tap to the phone thing to change the brightness? ...it seems hardware related but that's why I'm asking.
    I find the ambient light sensor to be incrediblely effective although I wish it could automatically dim lower when it's really dark. Less strain on the eyes
    I have this exact same issue. I have no idea what it can be. Like when i unlock it sometimes it will go to full brightness and then it will dim back to normal..
    I have a similar "issue". My phone doesn't dim even in a pitch black room. Either that, or its dim effect is so subtle I don't even notice it. The phone really should dim ALOT darker.
    Mine does this too. When I turn the screen on it is super bright and the screen takes a few seconds to respond. Then it dims and I can unlock it.

This is definitely new and has persisited over regular restarts and Luna restarts. Not the biggest deal, but I do wonder if the hardware is going a little nuts.