1.    #1  
    So, my phone was stolen earlier today, since then whoever stole it turned it off (I tried calling it, it went straight to voicemail), so no luck on getting a GPS fix. I don't have insurance on it, and I can get an upgrade in June. What are my options? Can I get a cheapy Sprint phone for like 10 bucks until the new phone hardware comes out? Will I even get that? Or is there any other options? Being a huge WebOS fanatic who spends atleast 2-4 hours a day devoted to Palm and WebOS this is a huge blow to me. Especially because theres no way I would be able to make enough money (teenager in highschool, cheap/poor parents) to get a new phone before the new one comes out. I also had plans to work on developing apps for WebOS, being an amateur coder, but now thats gone.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I'd get a cheapy phone in the meantime, and get the EVO 4G when it's released June 4th. They just announced it'll be $299 w/ 2yr contract so assuming you're up for a contract renewal might be the better route to go.
    I don't know, but you better do a "remote wipe" from Palm's site before it's too late.
    I assume that you have already reported the theft to Sprint so that you don't get charged for calls made after the theft.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Do you have an old phone you can activate?
    not just calls but music downloads, tv, etc that aren't billed through palm. I had my instinct stolen a couple years ago and in less than 24 hours they had wracked up over $500 in extra charges before I got sprint notified.

You might also call sprint and see what they will do. It's well known they are trying to get rid of their pre/pixi inventories, both are dirt cheap right now and they might give you a break. Pre is only $149 right now with new contract, as your almost there anyway they might let you do it now rather than in june.
    Sorry to hear that.
    They will turn it on eventually, (assuming they don't know to Dr it right away) so if you have one of those Pre-locator apps on there, it may report the location eventually. Also, if you do a remote wipe, it should happen when the device is turned on.