1.    #1  
    Well, Day # 30 has come and gone for me and I still own my my Verizon Pre Plus. All-in-all, there just wasn't a viable alternative. Just a month in and I'm already addicted to WebOS. In addition, I get pretty good preferred employer discounts from Verizon on my monthly voice and data plans. The clincher is the number of people I know on Verizon. Several of my friends who I stay in closest contact with, my sister and my girlfriend are all on Verizon. Free calls/texts to them means I can get by on the cheapest voice plan.

I am STILL incredibly frustrated with the GPS issues, but I'm trying to focus on everything else my phone does well.

On the plus side, somehow Verizon screwed up and has me down for a replacement in 18 months, even though I just signed the new contract a month ago. So, by the time I'm past 1 year with the phone, I'll only have 7 months left on the contract.
    did you install the aGPS patch? That seems to have solved it for users... It certainly has improved my gps performance...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you install the aGPS patch? That seems to have solved it for users... It certainly has improved my gps performance...
    Haven't heard of it, but I have been out of town and not in the forums for a few days. Is this a new patch? Details? How do I get a patch on my phone in the first place.
    Read the sticky in the FAQ Tips Tricks and Information forum and you will know everything you need to know to install patches.

Then you can download the patch and install it via WOSQI or Preware.

It has helped me but it still isn't as good as I think it can/should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    The clincher is the number of people I know on Verizon. Several of my friends who I stay in closest contact with, my sister and my girlfriend are all on Verizon. Free calls/texts to them means I can get by on the cheapest voice plan.
    You do know about Sprint's AnyMobile included with their $69.99 EveryThing plan? I blow-up my sister's iPhone minutes for an hour a week at least....

On the plus side, somehow Verizon screwed up and has me down for a replacement in 18 months, even though I just signed the new contract a month ago. So, by the time I'm past 1 year with the phone, I'll only have 7 months left on the contract.
    You get that on the $69.99 Sprint Everything plan...but it's 12 months std, not 18 on a "screw-up"....and we don't need to rub-in that GPS works without issue on Sprint and nav is included.

However, it Sprint is garbage coverage, then none of that matters then or if your discount gets you the same price.

Moreover, glad to see you stuck with the Pre Plus...a better device than the Sprint Pre. I think the future with HP's money bags are going to make webOS even better...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    You do know about Sprint's AnyMobile included with their $69.99 EveryThing plan? I blow-up my sister's iPhone minutes for an hour a week at least....

You get that on the $69.99 Sprint Everything plan...but it's 12 months std, not 18 on a "screw-up"....and we don't need to rub-in that GPS works without issue on Sprint and nav is included.

However, it Sprint is garbage coverage, then none of that matters then or if your discount gets you the same price.

Moreover, glad to see you stuck with the Pre Plus...a better device than the Sprint Pre. I think the future with HP's money bags are going to make webOS even better...
    Yeah, no coverage where I am for Sprint. I was with them until the fall until I moved here and had to switch to Verizon.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Read the sticky in the FAQ Tips Tricks and Information forum and you will know everything you need to know to install patches.

Then you can download the patch and install it via WOSQI or Preware.

It has helped me but it still isn't as good as I think it can/should be.
    If it's not straightforward then I'm not gonna go through the hassle for something that only "might" work.
    Would someone be so kind as to point me to "the" GPS patch? I'm having to wade through a lot of posts and have not found it. I would love to get mine working.
    Thanks for any help!
    Thanks for the link!